Why do I feel guilty?

I am overwhelmed by the feeling that somehow the fire was my fault and if I had done something it could have been stopped. What is wrong with me? I think I’m broken.

Survivors guilt ?

2 Likes

Maybe. What could I have done? I know I couldn’t have done anything but my mind tells me that’s wrong.

1 Like

I think maybe guilt gives us a sense of control. Being the cause of something bad isn’t as bad as the realization that bad things can happen at random, with no human cause.

2 Likes

Yes, I feel guilt a lot. The kind that makes you feel sick to your stomach. It sucks, but I have to remind myself that I’m not responsible for everyone I meet. Their struggles are not my fault, and they’re not yours either. Look after yourself, and be kind. Maybe do a movie night with the kids or something.

1 Like

We are watching Netflix now. “Brooklyn 99”. Nothing too hard for my brain.

1 Like

Great! :grin: I hope you guys are having a nice time and eating Easter candy as well. :heart:

1 Like

Okay that show I am familiar with, Andy Samberg is downright hilarious. If you like him in that show you should check out his SNL shorts on YouTube sometime!

1 Like

I’ll check that out

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.