Why do humans love animals so much?

True. Our consciousness is limited too.

1 Like

My cat chews on her paw to clean it. She is very dainty :cat2:

Yeah, sometimes I chew on my foot as well when feeling playfulā€¦ :wink: but to jokes aside, I do agree with you that we underestimate animals. If to go so far that they are self-aware I wouldnā€™t say (human children are learning self awareness in their first months) but maybe there are some domestic animals who due to living with humans have higher self awareness. Only just recently they discovered that horses can recognize humanā€™s facial expressions so who knows what future research will bring in this fieldā€¦ I love animals anyway and I find them very often more sympathetic than peopleā€¦

ā€œIf you take in a stray dog feed it and make it prosperous it will not bite you. This is the difference between a dog and a man.ā€- Mark Twain (Iā€™m not sure I have this quote exactly right but Mark Twain was possibly bi-polar as his quotes ranged from very light to very dark)

1 Like

I had a cat who would lay at my feet every time I would be sick growing up. Every time! Itā€™s like he would watch over me with such guardianship and protective care. He was an old soul who transcended with wisdom and grace. THATā€™S why I love animals. Iā€™ll always remember him.

I had a cat that was my best friend, she used to sleep with me and go with me everywhere. She ran away in heat once I found her a year later with babies, she wasnā€™t eating, as soon as she saw me she started eating and meawing and was so happy.

I got her home, in a carton box with the kitties, and she didnā€™t let my hand out of the box, afraid I might disappear again.

She eventually died from cancer in my arms. Will never forget her. She was with me for 13 years

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.