Why did i settle for less?

in life. I was a mess in my 20’s, had no ambition. took low paying jobs, gave up on education, didn’t want a house, didn’t put money away, let go of friendships, broke up with perfectly acceptable mates, had no kids. now it just depresses me. I was a mess, maybe it’s just the disease.

4 Likes

It’s never to late to go for what you want.

6 Likes

I think that’s a common scenario in everyone’s 20s.

3 Likes

I second @Leaf. It’s never too late to decide you want more out of life.

3 Likes

At the time, I couldn’t understand all the barriers that got in the way of my fulfilling my dreams. Maybe you have a better perspective now.

1 Like

yeah I think im in a better place now. and realized hard work can pay off and is worth it.

1 Like

Be kind to yourself. What can you do to change the past? You can’t. Your future? Make tasks to reach goals. It’s hard to improve if you don’t know where you’re headed.

You’re smart, kind, thoughtful, and honest. If that was a description of me, I’d be happy. Take care.

2 Likes

thank you for the compliment again @JustTrish . you are so kind. maybe I am being a little too hard on myself. nothing I can do about the past.

1 Like

I’ve noticed that the people who are kindest to others are usually hardest on themselves. You’re working on getting better. Change can be hard. You’ve got this! :hugs:

2 Likes

It’s ok, happens to the best of us.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.