Why day by day it feels that time is passing slowly?

Things are getting less exciting as they use to be ,my brain is not the same as it was before schizophrenia ,why is that so ,it appears time is running slow and boring

2 Likes

When I was very depressed time went by slow…now that I am happy on good med balance without side effects time speeds by…I hardly notice the months zipping by…

3 Likes

I’m also like this. It’s like time goes by so fast for me. I haven’t been depressed in 2 years now. 10mg of cymbalta has been a good thing for me.

1 Like

You should be thankful in a way. I don’t know how old you are but when you get older, time just passes by so quickly. Years fly by and suddenly you’re 40 or 50 and you’re wondering where all that time went and how the hell you got so old, so fast.

At 58 years old I miss the energy I had when I was younger and I miss being so healthy when I was younger. But I like the maturity I have now (I have a great boob joke if you want to hear it, but first I have to make wee-wee real fast.) Anyways. You just have to find something to occupy your time and it can be really simple. But if you do it regularly even if you hate it sometimes it will at least hopefully distract you from your problems for a short while.

It’s a big world, there has to be something for everyone, somewhere that a person can enjoy. I agree that life gets boring and mundane but at my age I enjoy life in some ways more than I did before I got sick at age 19. Hell, I even have fun sometimes on my half hour drive to work.

3 Likes

You always put a smile on my face @77nick77 :grinning:

1 Like

Wow, I’m batting a 1000; that’s the second time I’ve heard that in just the last ten minutes.

1 Like

thanks for the good vibes

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.