Why can't we handle freedom?

That’s like me comparing myself to people who can run a marathon. Great way to make yourself miserable.

1 Like

Idk how to forget my presz self. Its impossible for me to erase all these memories.

Same. My doctor finally okayed me to walk ten minutes and I was THRILLED that I could get any sort of exercise. It’s been nothing but physical therapy for years.

1 Like

A lot of it is people being addicted to bad food.

2 Likes

It could be partly that we are more careful in keeping medical records since then, but it is probably mostly due to declining life styles with not enough time to exercise.

1 Like

I think contraceptive pill is pretty scary too. Stuff like that. That didn’t come in til recently.

Just a guess.

1 Like

I don’t think we are free. We are enmeshed in a web of culture, economics, symbols. We are a product of our bodies and reactions to other peoples agencies.

There is nothing left for us to do, but react on those impulses.

Besides that, is freedom a goal to be achieved? Maybe Kris Kristofferson was right when he sang:

“Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.” (me and Bobby McGee)

Maybe the best solution is to stay in the hamster wheel and try to adjust to the routine.

2 Likes

Never realized what that phrase meant from the song until now. There is some truth in that. All our posessions and relationships demand attention, upkeep and commitment.

Freedom has its price. A lot of folks don’t like being told what they should do. The costs are bad health.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.