Why can't we feel good all the time?

When I feel like ■■■■ all I can think about is sz.

But I do get my moments when I feel good. That’s when I dream about winning the lottery or having a nice job or even to have a significant other again.

Why is it you think? It’s like circadian rhythms. A roller-coaster ride.

3 Likes

We can feel better all the time

1 Like

If we play a lot of video games our life will improve or mine

1 Like

I can operate a pc but I’m not into video games anymore. The last video game i played was DOOM. My cognitive impairment make me not to cope with tv and games etc.

1 Like

I feel good when I’m shopping, this is one of my hobbies but I try not to spend too much.

1 Like

I know what you mean @Fellowman.
I have ok days and bad days.
And everything in between.

2 Likes

I do go shopping at times but is a challenge.

I cannot concentrate on the shelves for what I’m looking for. It is as if I look past the whole isle and see nothing.

2 Likes

I forgot about that. That is my autopilot mode. Not doing so bad but at least i exist. Not doing so well but there is hope for a brighter day😀

1 Like

Same here. It’s a mixed bag for me. I never know when I get up in the morning how it will go. Just have to go with it and take the good days with the bad.

2 Likes

Several years ago I had brief moments when I could recall what it was like to feel happy. Then it was gone.

1 Like

Because we live in a fallen world and life is hard

2 Likes

Because the feeling would get “spoiled”

2 Likes

If we felt good all the time we wouldn’t know we felt good. :thinking:

We need to feel bad to know we feel good… :confused:

4 Likes

It’s an attitude thing. You kind of have to laugh at the quirks of the disorder and absorb a little of it into your personality. Owning it is better than thinking to yourself everyday ohh how sick I am, how very sick I am… you’ll drive yourself crazy. Too much grief.

1 Like

Nobody feels good all the time. Many people just feel better more often than we do.

1 Like

You would adapt to feeling good and it wouldn’t feel so good anymore. It’s called the “hedonic treadmill.”

1 Like

I’m very fortunate, I feel good when working. Not only am I earning coin, but I enjoy my job. Not many can say that, sz or normie.

1 Like

Nobody feels good all the time. You have to accept that. Actually it doesn’t matter if you accept it or not. It’s just the way life goes and life is going to flow on like that with or without you and whether you like it or not. Even the Beatles weren’t happy all the time and they had popularity, money and women whenever they felt like it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.