Why can't I have a successful relationship?

I have seen countless videos on YouTube that say we peeps with bipolar can’t have successful relationships because we can end up feeling differently about our partners depending on the moods.

I don’t think this is true. I don’t know if I’m in love with him… but I feel he’s a huge part of my life and I don’t see or want to see life without him. It’s practically how I feel about my family. I can not see life without them in the picture.

1 Like

I think it’s harder for schizophrenics to have a relationship with someone. So you’re at an advantage, either way I wish you best of luck.

3 Likes

That’s the way my ex is. She either sanctifies or vilifies me depending upon her crazy moods.

1 Like

But you don’t have mood swings anymore. Am I right?

1 Like

Maybe explaining your disorder and how it makes you feel during most of the days would help your partner understand you, he isn’t a foreteller…

Don’t mind the yt videos saying bs about illnesses, usually most of them apply to severe symptoms that incapacitate people from having a normal life, no matter what illness they talk about.

Good luck with you relationship :wink:

1 Like

I have mood issues for sure however I don’t think the eps have been as intense as the episode 10 years ago that triggered the psychosis…

1 Like

I like him a lot and he knows it… i haven’t felt any different about him throughout except I felt more and more comfortable by his presence. I just feel crap about myself when i see those videos and the comments sections where people say don’t get into relationships with us cos we can’t maintain them.

1 Like

I think it’s normal. The initial passion fades out, the feeling of novelty of the relationship ends, both your flaws will stand out bla bla… The initial feeling isn’t love to me, it’s passion and that flame burns quickly…

If it is a huge part of your life and you can’t see life without him I think it’s enough, maybe love isn’t only intimacy, it’s also friendship and caring for your loved one.

Maybe it’s your bipolar disorder talking louder on your love thoughts, it seems like you need really to be sure it’s love and your doing the right thing. To me, if you can’t live without him, you’re doing the right thing and you might be in love.
Anyway I hope your doubts ends but be prepared to be pursued by them :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.