Why cant i feel endorphins is it the meds?

bascailly when i walk or do exercise i dont feel endorphins at all is this because of the lamictal and abilify ??

1 Like

A sign of being overmedicated is not being able to feel emotions, excitement and happiness being a couple examples, so it’s possible I think.

2 Likes

Or just being properly medicated a lot of the time.

2 Likes

I can’t feel endorphines either, but I still do exercises. Medicines do it.

1 Like

The ideal medication scenario is symptoms are controlled but not for normal emotion to be removed. Also not for side effects to be debilitating. In my opinion there are certain things that place a person at higher risk of dropping meds and “feeling like a zombie” is one of the ones at the top of the list. Not all meds will do this to you. It is the doctor’s job to find medication for the patient that improves their life, not replaces issues with other issues.

1 Like

glad im not alone do you meditate ? i also dont feel the tingly sensation when i breath deep while meditating for a while.

1 Like

I meditate too. I don’t feel tingly sensations too. Before antipsychotics, I was able to feel some peace of mind during meditation (but not when in psychosis), now I’m always with my head full of stuff (maybe I have to meditate harder).
Edit: at least I still can read a lot.

1 Like

It could be the illness too or depression. Meds can make you feel like this too. It’s easy to blame meds. I don’t know, maybe it’s both?

I couldn’t feel endorphins even when on the highest dose of Prozac (80 mg). I think, at least in my case, it’s the medicines. Before medicines I was able to feel my emotions even during psychosis (the world was much more alive). When I was first hospitalized and took high doses of antipsychotics, my vibration got almost killed.

But I remember a moment when I was in psychosis and no meds that I was very depressed and had a lot of apathy. Still in those moments I had some aliveness. I know don’t exactly how to explain, but it was different.

Antipsychotics probably took this aliveness from me.

i would also feel better when i meditated before antiphycotics

1 Like

Yeah, it’s much more difficult to reach a meditative state. Actually, I just achieved an almost meditative state with a therapy called Access Consciousness (Access Bars).

1 Like

what is that sounds interesting

1 Like

It’s 32 points around your head that, when slightly touched, put you into a meditative state. A facilitator may help you. If you’ll do a session, I don’t recommend driving after it because you get too relaxed.

I think it has relationship to acupuncture points, but I’m not sure of that.

1 Like

thanks will look into it

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.