Why are women shortists?

Why is that most women won’t be with a man that is shorter then they are?

Is this one of the taboos we will never get rid off?

Is it because women think it looks strange to others when the man is shorter? Or does it maybe have something to do with feeling less feminine? Or is it something else?

1 Like

It’s never good to generalize. I know of many where the ladies are taller. I’d imagine the main reason would be that females of the species are generally shorter. I’m not sure you should read much into it.

I did specify most women. Not all women.

I noticed a lot on dating profiles that very many women specify that they would like someone taller than they are, or in some cases they will say that shorter men are out of the question. I just think it would be interesting to discuss it is all.

It’s interesting, because I think there is no man who would say that they wouldn’t accept someone shorter than they are. Except if the difference is very large.

1 Like

My ex husband wasn’t shorter than me, but when I wore heels, then he was shorter. I like tall men.

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter if you’re short, average, or tall. You just have to OWN it. I’m a hair below 5 10.

Me like-eee all kinds of men.

3 Likes

I just did a quick google and across countries men are taller by an approximate ratio of 1.08. So I assume that means men are taller but about 2 or so inches across the board. Interesting that the ratio seemed pretty constant over numerous countries.

2 Likes

What does that mean “own it”? I’m sorry, English is not my first language. Is that the same as having your act together?

A lot of what we like is ingrained into us by the media and culture there’s no denying that. Even males are programmed into what they like in a partner. It’s usually not height though from my upbringing.

1 Like

What does that mean “own it”? I’m sorry, English is not my first language. Is that the same as having your act together?

1 Like

i like a girl shorter than me. im 6’3. i dont like to look people in the eye too much , i end up thinking im in trouble lol

2 Likes

“Owning it” means having confidence and playing it to your strengths.

Hope that helps!

2 Likes

That probably is terribly unfair, but there is also a lot of prejudice against taller women in favor of shorter women, especially around here.

2 Likes

@Mr_Hope

Yes, be happy and proud of your height, even if it’s not traditionally average.

1 Like

I’m ok with my height. I’m 5’11. And I like all kinds of women, but for some reason I don’t understand I have a extra attraction to women that are taller than me or about equally tall.

1 Like

That’s so interesting! I’ve always been tall. I like it. :wink:

2 Likes

For shorter women like me, it’s highly strange for a man to be shorter than you. When you’re like 5’4” or less, a shorter man looks weird. But that’s just for me.

1 Like

My partner is 1 inch shorter than me, and I’m average height for a woman. I don’t care that my partner is short. He is the best thing in my life. He treats me like a queen. Men and women need to be more open when it comes to height. I’ve been with my partner for 13 years and still going strong. If you make everything about height, you may miss out on someone who’d treat you as my partner treats me.

2 Likes

I tend to be more attracted to people who are of equal height to mine, or shorter.

1 Like

??? I am totally ok with guys that are shorter than me. Also, I am ok with tall guys.

1 Like

My husband is half a head shorter than me and it makes me feel very shy when we’re out together. I wish I were shorter or same height as him. I hate being so tall.

Only advantage to me being taller is I can catch him if he has a seizure

I think generally I find taller men more attractive because their being taller than the women makes them look extra protective over them.

But it’s what is inside that counts more! :blush:

2 Likes