Why are concert tickets so much?

The main thing I used to do was go see live music with old friends and later my cousin

Been looking at trying it out again but the prices are way too high

Was going to go alone

Looking at sometimes £200+

Years ago a decent gig was maybe £30-£70 depending on the support

Those days appear to be well and truly over

I missed Black Sabbaths final show. They wanted £250 for seats up in the gods at the furthest point of the venue

1 Like

Supply and demand.

3 Likes

I remember @CoCo saying Taylor Swift tickets in the US started at $1400.

The most expensive concert I’ve gone to was 140€ if I remember correctly.

Prizes have gone up crazily.

1 Like

Even shows that sold out rapidly in the past were much more reasonable

Not even like the music I like is massively popular now like it once was

1 Like

That’s absolutely nuts

No wonder she’s now a billionaire

1 Like

I think concerts are the only way to make money now because I can download all the albums I want from Pandora music subscription for 14 dollars a month.

1 Like

I don’t know why concert tickets are so much but I remember in the summer of 2010 my dad got me and another guy tickets to see Tech N9ne at the House of Blues in Hollywood, CA. He said they were $100. I thought that was a lot back then.

2 Likes

Because Ticketmaster is evil

Lots of actual performers have tried to boycott them

1 Like

I paid $10 to see Led Zeppelin and Judas Priest. And back then, that was considered to be expensive.

3 Likes

Yeah, concert tickets weren’t too bad back in my youth when I went either.

The real problem was getting to the concert. Transportation was an issue since the wheel had not been invented yet.

4 Likes

I guess the horses must been out of your price range.

3 Likes

Horses hadn’t been invented yet either.

4 Likes

Now we know why dinosaurs are extinct. Bowens was riding them to concerts every night. :woman_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

I think arstist used to make money off albums back in the day. These days Spotify etc pay their artist relatively little. I think they try to make more money off live events these days. That’s just my uneducated opinion.

3 Likes

The straw that broke the dinos back :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I saw Drake for free once but it was on an episode of Degrassi :smile:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.