Who's working

My schizophrenia is bad it seems impossible to work how will this one day become a reality? It’s been about 7 years since I walked away from a good paying Job because of the illness.

2 Likes

I don’t know if it’s possible for you, but if you are determined to do it, try going in small steps. Maybe start by volunteering for an hour or two a week, and if that works, increase the amount of time that you volunteer. If that goes well for several months, try part-time work for just a few hours a week. Even if you are never able to progress beyond that, it will probably make you feel better than doing nothing. Heck, even if you are able to volunteer for an hour a week, you will probably feel better!

2 Likes

I think you are right I used to be able to lift 10x more than I cold at the gym today but going and lifting at my ability still makes me stronger. Thanks

1 Like

I am working. It is tough and I am late a lot because I need a lot of sleep and have to leave early for appointments a lot. But I am trying.

2 Likes

I’m working for myself. I can’t work for others because I’ve been out of the labor market for too long. Twenty two years.

1 Like

I broke down at age 7 and no one has been able to repair me.

2 Likes

work is a huge part of being an adult. when were deprived of the ability to do that sometimes we feel terrible.

i have never had a high paying job. my parents don’t respect me as a result of that.

but there is no commandment in the book of being a respectable person which says “one must be a part of the work force” thats (bullshit).

these guys keep setting up hoops for me to jump through!

1 Like

I’m doing volunteer work
I have been volunteering four years

To get me out
For reference
For work experience

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.