Who will see the total solar eclipse tomorrow morning?

Who either lives in a location or has traveled to a location that will be in the path of totality for tomorrow morning’s solar eclipse? Are you excited about seeing a total solar eclipse?

Sadly, the solar eclipse will only be a 75% eclipse in Northern California where I live.

3 Likes

I think it was like 60 or 65% where I am.

2 Likes

I live in its trajectory and I got me some eclipse glasses!

4 Likes

I’m sitting in the middle of Missouri as we speak!

8 Likes

I think it is supposed to be 90% here in Oklahoma.

2 Likes

We’re at 99.6% here! I’m so excited!!!

3 Likes

Here’s a site where you can put in your zip code, if you’re in the states, and it’ll tell you what you’ll see and when.

2 Likes

That’s really cool @LED. It tells you the percent and does an animation of what you’ll see.

I don’t have special glasses so I will just squint really hard. That’s what you’re supposed to do right?

(I know that it isn’t)

I live in a 65% area and I’m gonna look really fast with sunglasses I guess.

It’s going to be a partial eclipse where I live.
I’m not going to risk blindness so I won’t be looking up, but I will go outside during the eclipse and experience the darkness and eerie silence.

Just get a colander and the sun shining through the holes will show you a shadow of the eclipse! Super easy! Or poke a small hole in a piece of cardboard or paper plate or something.

1 Like

Look at the shadows of the leaves of trees! Thousands of eclipses!

Yg6XYG0

Out of all the awesome things that are supposed to happen, I think this is the thing that excites me the most.

7 Likes

I am on east coast, should be good. Gonna go to a restaraunt that has event and will give out glasses, everywhere else is sold out. I was thinkin it might be worth it to damage vision a little for it but oh well, i will look without glasses for a sec just to get full effect, my gift to the goddess.

We made a pin hole camera to view it. I’ll take some pics of it and the leaves. Should be very cool!

IT’S STARTING HERE :scream_cat:

1 Like

It starts at 9am for me.

09:00 PDT where I am too.

1 Like

It starts in an hour and a half for me, I’ll be driving to a therapy session. It doesn’t peak until I’m out of therapy though, so I should have a good chance to see it.

1 Like

Those sorts of things are always very underwhelming for me…I remember getting excited for lunar eclipses and then having it be reaaaally slow and really far away…and losing interest after 5 mins lol. People are going really crazy for this one though. A lot of people think it’s magical or something. (Just because something happens rarely doesn’t mean it’s magical :sweat_smile:)

Same as Rowan I’m gonna be seeing my psychiatrist when it’s supposed to hit here so I won’t even see it. Oh well.