Who wants to have children?

Too risky 151515

1 Like

I’d be surprised if nolongerlonely.com has 1000 members on my continent :joy:

I do but i want to be sz free and meet a nice lady. So i may never have them but it would be nice.

If you use a standard dating app and mention up front that you have schizophrenia, you can cut past false pretenses and only people OK with that will respond.

1 Like

That may seem like a good idea, but they already don’t want me when I just put that I don’t work. I messaged pretty much all the 10 women in my area on pof that weren’t too young or too old that I would have wanted. I’m not even picky, really. If it were absolutely all the women in my area within 8 years of my age, it would not have substantially added to the number.

Some of the womens profiles just showed nasty personalities. Like saying men without jobs or cars are useless. I live in a rural, low population area. I expect stigma is high here. The numbers I’m giving you aren’t even exaggerations.

Maybe volunteer work, and / or part time work is a better possibility for finding someone then.

someday, but i want to be stable and established in whatever career im in first

1 Like

I would prefer not to. However it worries me that I will change my mind when it is too late. Or who will decide to put me in a nursing home? :joy::joy:
My partner really wants one, but children are too much of a commitment to me. You can’t change your mind once they are here, so I’m not going to have one unless I am 100% positive I am able to devote my life to being a Mum

3 Likes

I was wondering if I could potentially adopt someday but I assumed they wouldn’t let me adopt because I have schizophrenia and major depression. Have they given you and your husband an ok to adopt? I’m just curious

Nobody’s said a definite yes or no yet, but it looks good. As long as your doctor says you’re stable, they can’t discriminate based on disability status.

1 Like

No I don’t really want children. Never did since I was a child. I’m not much of a children person. They overwhelm me. And with my sza I don’t think I can cope. My mom and pdoc agree with me it’s best not to.

3 Likes

In France it’s totally different, you live well enough to have hobbies and friends approximately 1000 dollars so you have all the time you want to meet someone at the day hospital but everyone does nothing except posting on french forum and youtube or reading.

In this crazy world! What would be the point of recovering if you didn’t have kids!

I don’t really want them but feel the biological clock ticking. Feel guilty for my family

I already have them. Never wanted kids, but now I have 6. Without them and my husband I think I wouldn’t be here now

3 Likes

Good going. You’re helping the human race!

That wasn’t on my mind when constructing. Heh.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.