Who turns to pills with every poblem?

I do. When i am depressed i take one antidepressant. When i cant sleep i take a sleeping pill. When i have too many thoughts i take more of antipsychotic. Im not even gonna try to solve my problem myself. Pill goes in and problem solved.

1 Like

And if im bored i vape an ecig or make coffee.

1 Like

Is there a pill that makes you impotent mentally? I need that.

I try not to take too many pills, other than the ones I HAVE to have each day.

I’ve been prescribed seroquel as needed, but I don’t take it unless I can’t fix my problems otherwise.

It’s good that there are pills that can temporarily take away the problems, but try to remember that they don’t fix them, they just stave off the symptoms.
Working on fixing the problems or finding coping techniques will do you better in the long run.

1 Like

These are all technically medical problems, so if you consider the imbalance of chemicals in the brain (possible cause), medication can and does help.

It only becomes an issue when you use pills to cope with a more external problem that is out of your control. In the summer of this year there was a terror attack in my country and I just kept taking my anxiety medication so I wouldn’t panic or worry.

My doc would never let me take an antidepressant just cause my mood was low for one day.

But why wait till.the mood turns to a disease called depression. Better to take the pill and get back.up?

What my doc doesnt underestand is that my “bad” mood is not like healthy peoples bad mood.

My brain is very very sick and it doesnt work without meds. So if i get a serotonine defissency i need to take (only) one antidepressant to relax.

Yup, antidepressants usually take about 4-6 weeks to work…

How often are your bad mood days? Do you think your moods are quite unstable? Perhaps a mood stabiliser would be better. Some people go the other way with antidepressants and end up with mania.

I guess I got to the disease point because I was depressed every single day before my SSRI worked. And I thought it would get better on its own for a long time. Pills have helped me.

1 Like

Im in a bad mood about one day in two months.
My organism feels the first pil of antidepressant but not the second pill.

So if the first pill is not out of the systems theres no point taking another.

But thankfully im in a bad mood seldom.

But yes when i havent taken it in a while then the effect is a total bliss and relaxation.

I defiantly vape. Someone asked me once if I ever do deep breathing exercises. I said yes I am constantly breathing deeply and showed them my vape. This is why im always so relaxed lol :joy:

I turn to tea too.

But I have worked hard at coming off some pills.

Same here, when I can’t sleep I take a klonopin or a sleeping pill(ambien). Also when I fell anxiety I take a klonopin.

Vaping helps me with my anxiety. I don’t think it’s good to take one antidepressant when you feel depressed though, they take quite a while to kick in and if you only do it once in a while it could effect your brain chemistry I would assume. You could ask your doctor for something similar to Adivan, that you can take once in a while when you need it and it’s okay.

1 Like

I used to, but then I realized that there were things that I needed to deal with because the pills didn’t help everything.
Like breakthrough psychosis, or situational anxiety.

Now I use my coping techniques that I learned, like taking a walk, breathing, or removing myself from the situation.

1 Like

My pdoc is aggressive and wants to treat every little problem with its own pill. Then treat the SE of those pills with more pills. Lol

2 Likes

I do. I’m an official pill freak. Sadly.

I turn to pillows with every problem. I’m a nap addict.

2 Likes

I avoid pills like the plague to me they’re a last resort.

You should not be dependent on drugs for every minor problem. You should be positive, do some exercise and take only those pills your psychiatrist prescribes at recommended doses. Taking pills at random may have dangerous consequences. You should try to solve your problems with your own discretion rather than depending on some drug.

hi,
not me , not these days,
i would like to live pill free if possible - i dont even like taking my anti-psychotics even though everyone tells me i am in need of them permanently…

I take fluoxetinum