Who still has symptoms (despite taking meds)

I still have the occasional voice- but only when I think in my head, so I’ve learned not to “think” about things too much🙃

Also anytime I get a job I always think my coworkers are talking about me… which they might be or they might not be🤷‍♀️ It’s hard to tell with this illness…

What about you?

1 Like

I always get breakthrough symptoms
Th ey have got worse with menopause

Sorry to hear that😕

Yes, I still have symptoms, but they aren’t bad.

1 Like

I always have a low level of positive symptoms. Mostly voices and paranoia.

2 Likes

Yup,I think the fact I wasn’t on AP’s for the better part of two decades, self medicating with drugs, left a lasting impact.

I still hallucinate, still lose insight.

The meds have helped a lot to decrease the symptoms, but nothing has taken them away completely.

2 Likes

I’ve had breakthrough symptoms which included like yourself, thinking coworkers were talking about me. I left straight away, I had last a year and six months, and it was going fine till then.

1 Like

I have the ocassional delusion now. Always have a lowered cognitive baseline now…

Dang… that sounds unpleasant…

Sorry you were unmedicated so long

1 Like

Yeah I only last about a month- 3 months when I get a job. I’ve had like, 3 jobs and all of them I thought my coworkers were talking about me

1 Like

Yeah. It’s surreal. I can’t help but wonder why it happens, because it’s very demoralising

1 Like

No positive symptoms on meds but major negative symptoms. I used to be able to work full time on low dose Latuda for 10 months but then negative symptoms came back and I couldn’t wakeup early for work anymore and energy became low. I was prescribed Wellbutrin but it didn’t help. This was when I started using this forum back in April 2020.

1 Like

When the negative symptoms started were you still using latuda? I’m thinking of switching to latuda atm.

1 Like

Yes 80mg but I stopped work right after I took Wellbutrin, maybe it has to do with Wellbutrin not sure even my Dr said he doesn’t know. Dr stopped Wellbutrin but I was still not able to go to work for a few weeks later then I told the Dr to prescribe me Risperdal. Latuda gave me akathisia and nausea after taking the pill. I had insomnia at night because of the akathisia. No issues now with Risperdal other than negative symptoms.

1 Like

I see. That makes me rethink nausea and akithisia is something aripiprazole gives me.

I wish I could get Vraylar but the dr said he doesn’t even know about it. Even though they do proscribe it. I can’t afford to go private health care just yet either so it’s annoying me

1 Like

I’m on Abilify, but it doesn’t seem to do anything for the voices. I think it’s helping with depression though

1 Like

I have symptoms every day but they are not the kind that put me in the hospital. The ones without meds do.

1 Like

Been on meds 40 years. Still have some symptoms but they’re pretty manageable.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.