Who should pay on a first date?

Aha I delberately skipped coffee or food on the first date for fear it would be awkward if he paid. But I didn’t tell him that. :flushed: We just went for a nice walk in the end.

6 Likes

I like stuff like walks in the park at the beginning, or maybe a zoo.

2 Likes

I think this is not ur first date… U have been together since long… haha just saying…

1 Like

I find that better when breaking the ice it was so much more less nervewracking cos we didn’t have to stare at each other in the coffee shop … We just glanced at each other at intervals … :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

@anon80629714 I think you overthink things. Just try to go with the flow. I know easier said than done.

1 Like

I’m not over thinking. I saw this video and I thought of us.

When I dated back in the day, I offered to pay on our first night out. If the gal insisted on splitting the bill, then I would say, “Okay. But I’ll handle the gratuity for the wait staff.”

It showed i was both flexible enough to compromise, but still generous at heart…just like I am! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I think the guy should pay on the first date. Now if it’s two gay guys idk :neutral_face: Split the tab or go on separate tickets

I’m a little old fashioned

1 Like

@far_cry0. What are the dating norms in :nepal: Niraj?

1 Like

You have to be rich with lotta money… owe a car… own a i phone…!!!

1 Like

Each one should pay for what they want, it’s my opinion. But a lot of guys buy dinners and drinks on the 1st date, I wouldn’t take that risk on buying something fancy for a girl even if she’s gorgeous. She might be a wrong person on the end, I give great value to her personality so I have to know her better to do that. Yet I don’t mind buying a coffee or some snack on the afternoon, if she is nice to me :grinning:

1 Like

Whoever offers to. If I went on a date and the girl didn’t offer to pay then I would pay without giving it a second thought.

2 Likes

yeah same here but

@anon80629714 you can have a coffee to go lol :slight_smile:

there’s a chocolate festival coming soon and my friend hinted about it but its expensive lol

1 Like

I think that is a really good idea for a first date. Pick up a coffee then drink it whilst walking round a park. Make sure it’s a well lit populated park or it may be a bit weird.

3 Likes

It’s not unusual to split it these days. I’d be nice and offer to pay for it and leave it up to the lady. A coffee isn’t a bad place to start…it’s not expensive!

1 Like

I would split evenly. I’d feel uncomfortable if the guy payed for me

1 Like

Mrs. Pixel paid on our first day. I’ve been paying ever since!

j/k – she’s awesome.

:grin:

3 Likes

Aww that’s so cute the way you speak about her you guys are still going strong that’s amazing :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: if I still have that 2 years down.the line that’s be awesome. I know it sounds ridiculous but when I offer to pay and he says ok … I feel amazing it makes me so happy and empowered. I mean yeah I could get benefits if I didn’t work but. These are the little things I work for.

When I was in the dating days I would Always pay my way if possible without putting up a fuss

1 Like

Whoever makes more money!

Sorry, I meant the guy. After some thought, yeah, the guy. It’s a lot harder for guys to get dates than it is for girls. If you hear someone say they’ve always been in a relationship their whole life, that’s a female. I pay up gladly.