Who relapsed this year?

Relapse being ongoing or intermittent psychosis with a loss of functioning (not necessarily going to hospital) for a month or more

• Yes i did
  • No im ok

0 voters

Stable enough for voices every day, and seeing things.

I’m much better than I used to be before medication. So I consider myself “good enough”

I relapsed from August to October last year. Fortunately I did not need to go to hospital.

It all started in June when I had EPS. My psychiatrist lowered my AP dosage…then I relapsed. He increased it again and fortunately the EPS have not returned

My last psychotic episode was in 2010

12 years of a different mindset

Iv’e transformed my mind with the help of meds

I overdosed last summer and had the worst five days of my life in a psych ward. I was hallucinating and punched out a window and broke my knuckle. Then they hit me with something and I work up restrained in a bed. I was just screaming and thought I was in hell being stabbed over and over again, and then being sewn up to start the next round of stabbing. Wasn’t one of my finest moments! After a day I was back to normal and I couldn’t have said too much bad stuff because one of the girls in the ward immediately told me she was in love with me. :slight_smile: Then i ended up back in the hospital two weeks later because I couldn’t eat because I felt so guility that it was my fault for that break from reality this time.

1 Like

Awe that sounds horrible. I thought people planted something on me I wanted to pluck my eyes out because the voices were talking about everything I was doing and every mistake I’d ever made in my life, making me feel horrible, saying they were gonna get me. I can totally relate

Last time I relapsed was in 2015-2016 because I stopped my meds.

I didn’t vote. I mean, I do have breakthrough symptoms all the time. I’m somewhat treatment resistant.

Last time I was inpatient, was 2019. Since then, I’ve been eligible for impatient multiple times, but I pulled through without going to the hospital, with the help of my husband and the Same-Day Psychiatry Clinic.

We talking SZ or chocolate?

:eyes:

1 Like

I had a psychotic episode around October 2021. A relapse, but I kind of know, thanks God I have my own apartment and don’t have to explain myself to anybody for my weird behaviour. I am an experienced sz with 30 years history.

I’m told I’ve been psychotic and hallucinating nonstop since 2008. I always take my meds.

1 Like

You know what, Paul, I did, I relapsed for about the fourth time in nearly four years.

Had a bit of an effed up winter last year but I recovered by around June or something.

I came off my meds (under supervision) back last spring due to side effects and had one of my worst episodes for about a month. It was a bumpy road for a few months after but eventually things settled down on new meds.

I’m experiencing breakthrough symptoms. I haven’t hallucinated in over a year, and have recently started to have auditory and minor visual hallucinations. I’m pretty upset about it, but I’m still moving forward. Keep up the good fight legends!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.