Who needs a leader?

Just throwing it out there, but what would society be like if we didn’t appoint leaders to make decisions for us, but instead made all the decisions ourselves. With Canada and America’s current system(don’t know much about other countries politics) you have to vote the best choice, none who you may agree with, or who may only have some of your ideals. What I’m thinking could work for any society as well, I’m just thinking a more transparent political system.

We could just have a rule for how many signatures are required on a ballot for a law or decision involving the country to be proposed. Which would be dependant on if it’s municipal, provincial, or federal.Then if the votes for yes is over 50%, then the law or decision is passed.

There would be no need for one leader, we could just vote in representatives for certain parts of the government like we do now as advisors and such. With no representative having the ultimate decision on what is passed or what is brought up to be passed. They would of course be responsible for smaller decisions while looking over their dictated area of government. For example we wouldn’t have to vote for something ridiculous like whether our advisor to other countries takes another country’s representative for dinner to discuss matters of state.

What do you think it would be like? Right now it sounds like a good idea to me, and even if the majority of us drive our society into the ground, at least it was our combined decision to do so and I don’t think any society is currently doing well in the world with all of the problems currently anyways.

That actually sounds like a pretty good idea. There would need to be better education systems however.

I think everyone in some way desires to learn, society doesn’t teach us what we want to learn all the time or in the way we want. I feel like if that sort of society happened then everyone would become more educated naturally because I don’t believe that in their heart anyone wants to do wrong. Being educated allows you to be informed about how we affect other people. Education just isn’t attractive enough. We need less bad teacher movies and more effective teaching methods.

1 Like

“Who needs a leader?”

I don’t need a leader. i need a hero.

lol just kidding

1 Like

Sounds a lot like Switzerland

no…no…no… you guys have to pick a leader… so when I start the great earth revolution with the help of some advanced alien races technology… I can go" take me to your leader"…and then its just a few people and I sound cool but… if you have no leader… …id have to say… hey… I would like a word with all 7+ billion of you…please… how long is that gonna take… pfft skip… the world cant even debate the color of a dress without every 3rd comment being trolltastic… and…they debated the color of the dress instead of…basically anything else… and despite the collectives best effort I have no idea what color that stupid dress is… so how well do you think we would do on issues that could make or break our whole species…

and that’s why you must vote no…on no leader prop 42.+1 whatever… and vote yes to…hmm…idk…

I agree the way its done sucks… but short of a large tech advancement so sudden that our current master have no time to establish themselves as regulator and taxor…
dictating who should know what and when…plus how much said who must pay when they learn the what…
I just don’t see us moving past the lure power over others has on our race without some sci fi ■■■■ guiding it…

ahha wait almost done…any which way you would present no leader vs current system… in the current system… you would divide our collective into atleast 2 but probably way way more… this divide on any issue would almost demand… due to sheer numbers mostly… that each side vote on and elect some spokesman or team to represent each sides best interest… and crap they tricked us again… so even presenting this notion of no leaders within a species that tolerates allows encourages and rewards leading… the simple act of debating it would sign the no leaders leading styles death before it could even be attempted…