Who likes meds?

I feel they make me better and I like seeing how they work on me.

My most recent addition was buspar. It was a lifesaver for the extreme anxiety I was having but now I think it’s making me more sleepy. None the less, better living thru chemistry is my motto.

How about you?

9 Likes

It’s a love/hate relationship

6 Likes

I used to hate them but now I like them,

4 Likes

It’s always about balance for me.

I’ve gained some and I’ve lost some but it’s important in the scheme of things to differentiate between symptoms and medications. That is a blurry line.

For example. Most ap’s are better for positives so you see by large more problems these days with negatives. Still. It’s a blurry world because some don’t respond etc. and others have similar crippling conditions but whether it’s meds or disorder itself is a real issue.

I Don’t like the sedation but I like not having a busy mind. It’s nice going to sleep and actually sleeping. I buy into that for the cognitive losses but I reckon this long on ap’s I’ve actually grown some new neurons…

3 Likes

I regard the med’s as a necessary evil.

4 Likes

I feel adding amyloban made a large difference in my mental clarity

Get the balance going your way is uber good my friend!

My biggest problem is depression. I deal with positives pretty well. Negatives are another story but depression is a big issue and I take boatloads of effexor to have no problems with that!

That is a good thing for me and I guess your on a good wicket too with your meds.

1 Like

It’s been a long road but I always focus on the positives I get more than the negatives. For the negatives I try to find a solution for those, so my regiment has a lot of counter balancing including the alcohol I drink and the weed I smoke. I’m not promoting alcohol or weed here

One thing I control for is that I do the same thing every day

1 Like

I’m on just one med in the summertime - ziprexa, 5mg. In the winter, I add 10 mg Lexapro for seasonal disorder. It’s not much in meds but I’d hate to be without them. They keep me from going crazy.

1 Like

I like my meds. They do make me a bit flat, and I can’t cry, but I feel like they remove my positive sympyoms and minimize the negatives, so I’m willing to put up with it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve seen a positive change with meds after going without for almost 5 years- the side effects haven’t been easy but I appreciate having meds around now

My cognitive ability restores a tiny bit more each and every day :ok_hand: I like seeing that. And I thank the meds. I like meds.

Love/hate relationship.
This is same for my pain med and muscle relaxant.

I particularly like saphris, makes me feel tons better.

1 Like

Don’t tell my girlfriend abilify that I’m cheating on her with naltrexone. But neither of them know That I really really have a crush on Zoloft. I try to keep that secret. Me and klonopin really get along too, but that’s strictly platonic that one.

But yeah I do like all my meds. Maybe even some I “like-like” if you know what I mean :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes

Moonie,

Once the buspar was up to the correct dose, I just noticed less anxiety. Nothing usually knocks me out, though. I’m glad you’re getting the help you need!

1 Like

I would survive without meds. It’s just more convenient for my social environment to take medication.

1 Like

I would like to try without meds.

Love that they help Lessen my symptoms.

Hate the sedation and lack of umph, the weight gain and constantly stuffy nose.

1 Like

I wish my med would sedate me sick of insomnia

2 Likes