Who Is Your Favourite Old-Time Movie Star?

Like from the 40s or 50s.

1 Like

Fred Astaire for the fabulous dancing

2 Likes

Yes, he was an incredible dancer, and I love his personality on screen.

1 Like

Humphrey Bogart.The Big Sleep and Maltese Falcon are my favorites. Defined film noir.

2 Likes

He was a great actor.

1 Like

I was told his famous ear rubbing was a nervous tick.

1 Like

I didn’t know about his ear rubbing. I haven’t seen him in that many movies, but I remember he was good.

1 Like

Mine is probably Peter Cushing.

He was an English actor who was in a ton of horror movies from the fifties to God knows how long.

From what I’ve heard people say he was a true gentleman, and very skilled actor.

2 Likes

I’ve never heard of him, but I’ll have to check him out.

1 Like

If you see a pic of his face, you might say to yourself “Oh Yeah! I know that guy.”

Haha. He was in a ton of movies.

1 Like

I just looked him up, and he does look familiar.

1 Like

Yeah, he was in a ton of what they call “Hammer films.”

They’re pretty much British productions that frequently were about characters like Frankenstein and Dracula.

1 Like

Sounds cool. I’ll have to watch one.

1 Like

CLARK GABLE!!

He’s the best.

King of Hollywood.

3 Likes

I’ve never seen him in a movie. He’s so recognizable, though.

1 Like

clark gable and vivian leigh in “gone with the wind”…Judy Garland in “wizard of Oz”

2 Likes

I love Judy Garland’s voice.

1 Like

When he was first starting out as an actor he was dismissed by a famous Hollywood studio head who said, “He’ll never make it. His ears are too big and he looks like an ape.”
The rest is history.

His last film was “The Misfits” with Marylyn Monroe. For him, it was released post-humously and Marylyn Monroe was also dead within a year of finishing it.

2 Likes

I liked James Cagney gangster movies but I also liked a couple of musicals he did.

1 Like

OK, I have seen Clarke Gable in a movie. I’ve seen him in “The Misfits.”

1 Like