Who is very famous from where you live

no famous people from my hometown, some sports guys, a former nfl player, the nhra drag racer of the year, a couple years ago, and an silver medal olympic skiier, but none are really famous i would say. my state has famous people though.

2 Likes

Apparently Tom Cruise was going to buy an old Castle in the woods near my apartment…

We have Fat Boy Slim here, Royal Blood, the Architects, Steve Coogan, The guy from Pink Floyd live near here but he’s dead now I think. They say he had Schizophrenia but he never confirmed it.

Hard to say, I bet there are many more.

In the South Downs National park there are a lot of big houses nested all over the place.

A guy I just worked for used to own Battersea Power Station in London, and sold it with planning for flats and shops. He also had £1b in assets just in South-East Asia!

1 Like

David Attenborough went to the same sixth form college as me. I’m from Leicester, United Kingdom

2 Likes

Billy corgan

4 Likes

winnie the pooh got his first name from my home town

3 Likes

Dirk Bouts (15th century painter), Justus Lipsius (Humanist), Dries Mertens (soccerplayer Napoli)

3 Likes

Gerald Ford. The former President.
Kirk Douglass. The actor.
Nick Nolte. The actor.
Bob Gibson. The baseball player.
Malcolm X. The activist.

All from my hometown: Omaha, NE, USA.

3 Likes

my hometown is not used to famous people. anybody who does anything gets a sign as you enter the city limits, or a street named after them haha. some kid a couple years ago went 132-0 his sophomore, junior, and senior year of high school wrestling and won 3 state championships and now he has a sign as you enter the city haha. he is a good college wrestler now, ranked number 2 heavyweight, i think he’ll be a senior in college next year.

2 Likes

a few months ago i went to a brewery in the musicians, john mellencamp’s hometown, and noticed a full mural of him painted on a building with text that read “born in a small town” or something like that.

1 Like

supposedly the famous nascar racer jeff gordon used to race in my hometown when he was a teenager, because teenagers were allowed to compete in the races. i heard they would travel all the way from california to participate there. im not a race fan, but my hometown has a track and lots of race fans. i could hear the races from my front porch in the summer on friday and saturday nights, from 2 miles away, it gets loud.

1 Like

Micky Dolenz’s of the Monkees, sister went to my high school but it was like 10 years before I attended.

2 Likes

My mom was an aspiring writer and interviewed the lady who taught Amelia Earhart how to fly for a local magazine. The lady lived up in the hills above our city and my mom took me with her when she interviewed her. The woman was just a nice old lady.

1 Like

Stevie Nicks. Born in the next city over.

Nikki Sixx from Motley Crue.

2 Likes

BTS!!! They’re now world stars. :confetti_ball:

1 Like

Not far from where Isaac Newton was born.

1 Like

Nope. I have no idea where either is from but then there’s google

Yeah. I’ve seen them on YouTube commercials. They’re cute.

Willie Nelson. Abbott

Don’t forget Dennis Hopper and Brad Pitt. They’re both from Kansas. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Charles Darwin. But he has passed away now.

2 Likes