Who is the greatest poet on this forum?

I’m curious. Anybody knows?
I will be honored to read some of his/hers poems

1 Like

i heard @anon90843118 has got some skills [:

I write poetry but haven’t written anything in years!
Maybe I’ll start posting my poems on here one day.

4 Likes

Dude @anon92887483 she written a poem since I’m on the forum… You have the name poet. Do you write poethy?

I would like that @Wave

2 Likes

i write rhythm and poetry or rap so i guess

2 Likes

Cool man. Looking forward to read you’re poems

1 Like

cool bro its probably more entertaining to listen to them to be honest, i finished another track yesterday if youre interested in hearing it brother

3 Likes

you should make a thread!

1 Like

My vote for the best poet on here is @pob

2 Likes

I write poetry I just don’t post it on here much. But if this counts I’d like to point out @Jonnybegood has shared some pretty compelling songs in the past. Just my thoughts.

:grinning:

1 Like

Back on the old website someone actually did this! It was an amazing work of art and I don’t even know if those things are even out there anymore.

OH well. You don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone!

Thanks Joni!

I have my moments in a song just wish I could bring it better from start to finish!!

Lately been less lazy about writin rhymes though. But in the past it was lazy thinking.

2 Likes

I write poetry but i really haven’t posted any on here. I used to post what i wrote on the old site though. Maybe some day i’ll feel like posting again.

I can write poetry as easily as I can talk. Poetry just flows out of me. However, I don’t write much of it anymore, I don’t know why.

1 Like

I wrote a story about my mental illness in grade 12. The teacher really liked it. If I remember correctly she teared up, made me uncomfortable.

It’s not poetry, but it’s riddled with tons of metaphors and similes. Probably the most creative writing I have done, since I never did anymore once I graduated high school. I was a very dramatic teenager though, and it shows through my writing.

I don’t think I came up with all of it. It sounds quite tumblr-y now that I’ve reread it after five years. Somewhat cringey. I still like it though.

If anyone would be interested, I could post it. However I think not many people would care the musings of a overdramatic 18 year old struggling with manic depression.

My vote for Poet Laureate here goes for @ArchStanton. Where’s he been?

1 Like

I wrote this song when I was 19 years old. I always wanted Brian Adams to record it.

Where Have You Been All My Life

I was lost. On my own. A dead end sign swayed in my road.
I’d turn and toss. Until the light. Just trying to find that someone to hold.
Yeah. I’ve had my share, of cold and lonely nights.
Guess I never wanted what I never needed.
I knew you cared. Cause when I held you tight well
You gave me something that I could believe in.

You made me, say it…

Where have you been all my
Where have you been all my life.

You give me hope. A reason to stand.
There’s no need to question. I know who I am.
You’re making me true. Driving me mad.
You’re showing me the best days that I’ve ever had.
Call it fate. A lucky roll of the dice.
A guardian angel. A wish from a genie.
You’re in a place. Where every word defies.
You’re in every thought girl, you’re in every feeling.
Well baby…baby…

Where have you been all my

Well some look forever. For some maybe never.
They live for the moment, day by day.
But always treasure, our times together.
Cause you made me see it, you made me say it…

(guitar/ fade)

1 Like

I vote for @everhopeful - I always love those little 4 liners that say so much :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey Borath. I hope you’re doing well. Thanks for your kind comment. I don’t know how to properly express how much it means to me to have at least one person who likes my stuff. I’ve been laying low around here so that I don’t get in the way. I miss all y’all. Take care, my friends.

3 Likes