Who is going to watch NFL draft?

I saw the Cardinals aren’t going to draft Kyler Murray with the first pick. Hopefully he falls to the Broncos or they trade up.

NFL draft is April 25th-27th

2 Likes

not going to watch. the local sports talk on the radio has been talking about the bengals taking a DE, LB or QB with their 1st pick. I would take OL, WR, QB, then DE or CB. it’s a passing league now, need some targets for the qb to throw to. and on defense you have to be able to rush the passer and cover. I don’t think I would ever take a rb in the draft, probably just sign a non-drafted free agent. they’re out of the league by 30 anyhow.

kyler murray is dynamic, but I like the prototypical qb’s 6’4 to 6’5 with a big arm and quick release. he’s one leg injury away from being ineffective.

honestly I don’t watch much football anymore, but I used to be a nfl junkie. now I prefer college basketball, a little nba, golf, and mlb is trying my patience these days.

1 Like

Good point about the running back. This mock draft have the Bengals taking a linebacker. People on the radio here bring him up often, Devin White. The Broncos need a TE so bad but they can’t take him with the tenth pick. Too high.

1 Like

haha I guess i’ll just wait and see who they pick. I used to really like watching the scouting combine and would always check the 40 times.

do you like that it takes 3 days now? I think i’d prefer it if it were still just one or two days.

like I said I won’t watch it, will be doing other things. but I will check in later to see who was picked after it’s done. im sure they will be talking about it on sports talk though, so i’ll hear about it either way.

1 Like

I’m definitely going to watch the draft, hoping the Steelers can pick up one of the two Iowa Hawkeyes tight ends.

1 Like

It kinda sucks the draft is on ABC and not on ESPN like it always has been.
They’re turning it into a soap opera.

1 Like

Here on the radio they do a live show on the draft. I listened to it last year where they mostly talked Broncos and didn’t hear about the other teams.

1 Like

I was hoping it would be on NFL network because I don’t have ESPN and ABC.

1 Like

So Iowa has 2 TE that might be first round picks. That’s crazy.

1 Like

Yeah, I know. They were both fantastic. Personally I’d rather get Fant, as he fits the steelers the best out of the two.

1 Like

Hockinson gets brought up all the time on Denver radio. Never even heard of Fant. That’s interesting.

1 Like

He’s more of the athletic one, but Hockenson is the more of the blocker and traditional tight end.

1 Like

It will be interesting to see what the Raiders do because they have so many picks.

1 Like

I watch the first round. Always interesting. Haven’t really been following the media so I’ll keep that and just see what unfolds!

1 Like

The mock drafts I’ve seen make it look like the Redskins will take a QB I’ve never heard of or they go WR.

It’s interesting the Redskins now have the Broncos QB from last year, Case Keenum. It’s a shame what happened to Alex Smith he’s much better. I haven’t heard if he will be able to play in the NFL again after breaking his leg. I hope he gets better.

@rogueone

2 Likes

Here’s an interesting mock draft with trades in the 1st round.
Mock Draft

1 Like

That was a nasty injury.
Watched it live.

1 Like

It was a compound fracture right? Where the bone was sticking through the skin. Im glad I didn’t watch it.

1 Like

Yeah it came out, but his sock was covering it.

1 Like

It happened to a Celtics player last year, Heyward. He came back to play a year later. Basketball isn’t as brutal as football though.