Who inherit you schizophrenia?

My uncle seem to has schizophrenia while he was in college of medicine
So may be i inherited it from my uncle
Wt abt you ?

1 Like

Nobody in my family tree has schizophrenia. I’m the first.

5 Likes

My mother having schizophrenia would have given me a high predisposition to it.

1 Like

There’s one person in my family that I know of who before the age of 40 had to be hospitalized for a long time, like I’m talking decades. No one knows what mental illness she had; black people tend to hush up about mental health issues. Anyway, my mom is thinking she had schizophrenia, though we have no proof of this. Also, my grandma was bipolar apparently. And this is only from my mom’s side. We know nothing about my dad’s side of the family.

1 Like

For me, it comes from my dad’s side of the family. His brother and about three of my cousins have schizophrenia.

1 Like

I’m the first schizophrenic in my family tree

1 Like

I have a cousin with bipolar and severe intellectual disability. Her life sucks. I guess I’m disabled like her but I don’t have an intellectual disability.

And hopefully the last. :rofl: I’m kidding.

My mom got schizophrenia the first. I got when I turned 22 and my aunt got at the same time as me.
My dad does not seem to be okay either.

2 Likes

I’m the first diagnosed in my family, but my mom says she had an aunt that everyone just referred to as having trouble with reality. She never sought treatment so no dx and it was all very hush hush back then.

But it’s from my mom’s side of the family for sure.

2 Likes

My mom told me once she had a relative that could move objects with her mind.

1 Like

I inherited it from my Uncle who inherited it from his Aunt. I’m a third generation schizophrenic at least.

1 Like

Apparently I’m the first but I do have an aunt that everyone says “went crazy” and disappeared from the family. So I am unsure whether or not I am really the first.

No one in my family has schizophrenia. I’m the first one to have it, and even my brother doesn’t know that I have schizophrenia.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.