Who Here Likes to Read, and What Are You Reading Now?

Thanks. In the grand scheme of things, it’s not that big of a deal I guess. I am thankful I am doing as good as I am.

@loveaguilarg … Have you also read some Charles Dickens? I really enjoyed his non-fiction book/journal of his trip to America but I got weary when trying to read his novels.

BTW, that Dickens book is available on Gutenberg I think if anyone is interested.

1 Like

Just read john dies at the end… Horror comedy
Read all the lord of the rings, harry potters, redwall , king arthur ect…as a preteen I’ve re read most of them preteen me didn’t understand them fully… As an adult I’ve read diff holy books ancient epics the sherlock Holmes books… I can’t remember them all… But yes reading is good…

http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/index.htm

May like this link its the Christianity section there’s a lot of books… Note they try to cover all sects so you may find conflict with some just skip them unless it interests you…it has books on a ridiculous number of things…various religions, folk tales, witch trials, druids ect…

Also the Vatican has an online library of scanned old texts… I saw the most beautiful Mayan script…don’t understand it but was pretty…

2 Likes

http://digi.vatlib.it/
Vatican digital preservation site…very cool proud of them for doing this…and that’s saying a lot coming from me lol

1 Like

My favorite genre is fantasy and sci fi

Some one recommended to me one time a book by victor frankl entitled mans search for meaning I read it

2 Likes

I am a pretty good reader I’d say, i recently am reading Epictetus The Art of living/Discourses and The Meditations by Marcus Aurelius. I gotta say i have like zero anxiety these days by reading Stoic philosophy. Also fun fact we got CBT through Stoicism so i think thats pretty awesome. 10\10 would recommend. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I enjoyed the wheel of Time by robert Jordan and the dragon lance chronicles by Ann weis and Tracy Hickman

It adds a whole new dynamic to ur reading when what ur reading manifests in the world around u

1 Like

I’m not a good reader these days. I can still read well, but I just don’t do it often.

Why Nations Fail (Acemoglu and Robinson)
The Big Truck that Went By (Katz)
Haiti After the Earthquake (Farmer)
Poor Economics (Banerjee and Duflo)

Super cheery reading over here!

1 Like

They need to take stephen king’s books and put them in non fiction sections.

sorry, but it’s true.

Small Gods - Terry Pratchett
The Masterpiece - Emile Zola

1 Like

Love that book :joy_cat:

1 Like

I’m working my way through the Discworld series. I had read Wyrd Sisters and Mort in high school and stopped. I picked them back up in 2015.

I got weary when trying to read his novels too!

ILMAO151515151515151515Characters.

What happened to your son if I may ask

That’s very interesting. Thank you.

As much as I loved reading, at the time, to suddenly not be able to read anymore was a very big deal to me. I was floored for a time. Luckily, it didn’t last long.

1 Like

I’ve read the same book, 3 times now.