Who here knowas how to small talk

I don’t…enlighten me

I’m not into sports and i hate politics so small talk is a bit challenging for me, too.

1 Like

Ask questions and make replies based on what the other person said.

Show them you are listening and not just waiting for your turn to speak.
Talk with them, not at them.

And don’t expect one person to carry the conversation. Instead of short answers, try saying things that keep the conversation going

4 Likes

Talking about sports. Asking how people who are important to them. Talk about food.

2 Likes

I see two threads with no real explanation. Small talk there’s no strategy for. It takes years of observation of other human beings to get good at it and understand what ppl are looking for.

Same goes for talking to girls if you’re a guy.

Imo.

1 Like

It might take some people years. That’s true
But if you have a little common sense and a pinch of intelligence you can manage

1 Like

Yeah well, certainly takes intelligence along with the observation. I just don’t think there’s anyway to explain someone into these things. It doesn’t come natural but you gotta make it feel natural :wink:

1 Like

Don’t bring up government mind control and brain chips. That never helps.

4 Likes

Lol so how’s the weather??

MIND CONTROL WITH A CHANCE OF ALIENS!!! Run!!!

2 Likes

I’m pretty good at small talk,

Its about common observations and humor.

1 Like

It just doesn’t come naturally to me. Especially with regards to initiating a conversation.

1 Like

@firemonkey, when you meet a person, have a laugh, call them a “star” .
Many people like that.
If you have a common theme , for example you are both at the health club, you can ask thematic questions
about the training regime.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.