Who here has friends?

This usually happens to me too.

Two close friends, few of them that I know from college, but I keep it on distance. Junkies don’t count.
I say hi to a lot of people.

Just curious…how old are you?

I don’t have friends that close, but I have a few who I meet maybe once or twice a week. I have many names in my iPhone and Facebook. I’ve always kept some distance from my friends, but it doesn’t make me that lonely.

I know lots of people to say hello to but I have difficulty pursuing people
I made a nice friend 2 years ago at college but she has fiancé and lots friends she said we keep in touch via Facebook but I don’t like Facebook
I have a couple penpals

I suppose I do have quite a few Facebook friends - but physical friends I can hang out with? None

Not too bothered though. I keep myself entertained with movies and music etc. and speak to folk here. To be honest the sort of people who live in my tiny village are a bit prejudiced towards outsiders so am glad not to count them as friends.

I hope to meet sober friends in Alcoholics Anonymous. Had a friend but he’s using and doesn’t take life seriously enough for me to wanna continue the relationship.

Well there is my husband to be and my mom… They count right?

2 Likes

I had to turn my back to a few using friends I had. Unfortunately due to their problems they were quite manipulative and exploitative. I don’t really blame them but for my own sake I had to step back.

1 Like

They count. Yeah I have members of my family in my village. They are precious to me.

2 Likes

hi good luck with AA, my experience was positive-with help the desire to drink left after 1 week-that was 12 years ago. its been in recovery that pre-standing MI issues surfaced which is why I’m here.

Don’t attend AA meetings anymore(still sober) but now have 2 close friends-1 of which also attended AA: birds of a feather and all!

1 Like

My cat is my friend because I feed her and scratch her.

3 Likes

I have 3. me, myself and i. I spend too much time alone😕. To balance out the post however never know what the future holds. Ugh that sounded so wrong saying but needed to balance out the negative and positive i guess

I had friends but each time I’m not well I accuse them of all kinds of things or insult them and so they have fallen away over the years, which is understandable. Also I stopped returning calls, couldn’t be bothered to listen anymore, stopped going out. I had some older friends who were good confidents but sadly they died of old age. Friends were important to me when I was younger - now I’m in my fifties I can’t be bothered to dress let alone be enthusiastic about friends.

3 Likes

I’ve done that on 3 occassions and the more i meet new people the more it seems to happen. Looping trauma i guess

1 Like

23, some people say I’m wise upon my years…kid at heart though. Whenever I see a cat or dog on the street, you’ll know I’ll go nuts over it.

Proffessional animal lover…

1 Like

Yeah, you seem older from what you write…

1 Like

a husband, 2 siamese cats, 2 girl friends (1 is sz which helps me a lot) and family (who drive me crazy, but are always there to support me)

1 Like

I don’t have any close friends just family that’s why I’ve started going to groups and meetings. Just being around other people and hearing their stories has done wonders for me, it’s unhealthy to isolate.

1 Like