Who here gets panic attacks?

I get panic attacks and increased paranoia almost every night. Trazadone helps some, I take 150 mg. Benzodiazipines don’t touch me. The best thing I’ve taken before for panic attacks is thorazine. But it has bad side effects.

1 Like

I’m not sure. I definitely experience episodes of extreme anxiety and well… panic… on many occasions. I have a tremor and I can’t think straight and my thoughts are racing when this happens. I feel like I’m going to really lose it.

But when I talked to a psychiatrist they told me a panic attack feels like a heart attack. Like, racing heart, shortness of breath, sweating, feeling faint… I don’t get any of that.

So yeah, I don’t know.

1 Like

I have agoraphobia. When I am outside, I am nearly having panic attacks. So when I am in a shop, I just go out or I sit somewhere because I fear i will faint

1 Like

what you describe is what i get as well
i think this is a panic attack… don’t agree with the definition being all overruling

sorry Om, that sounds really terrible

1 Like

When and where do you get your panic attacks?

1 Like

In public, generally

this time in a supermarket at the checkout

i hardly ever get them really - first one in a long time

it was the most intense i have had in 25 yrs

1 Like

I can’t go to a supermarket alone.
I have panic attacks.
I go with my mother.
But even this doesn’t help.
I usually go out of the supermarket and calm down cos inside I have panic

1 Like

I’ve only ever had a panic attack a couple of times in my life. I feel anxiety at times, yes, but i don’t tend to panic.

1 Like

Panic attacks are hard I normally calm down if I can find a quiet place though

Afterwards I always crawl in bed and burrow in

1 Like

It’s good to hear of another person who has felt the need to do this
I usually go with my mum or husband most of the time as well, now it is slightly different being away from ‘home’ now having moved a couple of hours away - it feels different being based somewhere else
but effectively i still usually go together with one of them

I used to have a crazy few minutes and go on a spree like spend £90 on fish on my own

or just not have the capacity and drop things and need help in the isles

I didn’t really know this was something that happens much
i see so many mothers or single people in supermarkets, feels like they are coping better

yeah a quiet moment is really needed

I’m very slightly worried if they are the start of a psychosis

it concerns me because the stress of moving house has reached a down turn point 3 months down the line and now i guess is the fallout time

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.