Who else stopped looking too for the perfect meds?

Ok, there is one thing, I don’t feel fine. But without my meds, its even worse. My condition is better on meds, but I am still very symptomatic. But my docs say to keep my current ap. Do I make a mistake to count mostly on myself with the risk to never get better, cause I stopped in a way to look a well being from the meds? Cause maybe I am part of these people for whom the meds wont pull me out of the illness, no? I spent 8 years just trying and switching meds and the docs just ended up by saying that I should make efforts.
that’s all, love ya :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Yes I think I’ve stopped searching for the perfect med. I think I’m just going to stick with abilify now.

1 Like

yes, I guess we are lot like this… :slight_smile: Maybe with this maintenance ap it can work after years at the end, how do you think? I read here, lots of you, recovered after years, isn’t it?
I am a bit tired of the different aps. Some made me crazier, really…

2 Likes

There are a couple of Atypicals I’m curious about, like Rexulti and Saphris, but my psychiatrist is hesitant to switch me after the Vraylar disaster.
The truth is I’m doing well on Risperidone.

2 Likes

Ok, thanks wave. I didn’t handle abilify so the lifting aps are not for me I think… What is saphris? Isnt it like a better Zyprexa? I am in Europe also, we don’t have rexulti here or vraylar.

1 Like

Saphris is on the sedating side, it’s sublingual- you place it under your tongue.
I’m curious about that one.

Go to sleep Anna1. It’s past 1am :slight_smile:

(Actually I should go to sleep too)

2 Likes

Haha Andrey, yeah… I slept too much yesterday, idk if ill be able to sleep now.

I am still early in the process but genetic testing shows bleak options for me with only a couple of meds set to work well for me. I’m on Geodon right now with no change in the voices and I feel like I’m just fluctuating between wild amounts of energy and none.

1 Like

I m happy enough with my meds. They are not perfect, I still have small relapses of symptoms, but I am symptom free 80% of the time.

The meds don’t cure all of the illness.

If zyprexa is helping you most of the time that’s good!

1 Like

Saphris tastes disgusting and you can’t eat or drink for 10 minutes after it’s taken…but it’s an easy add-on med with other aps and has helped a friend of mine with refractory symptoms…but it didn’t help me.
I pretty much do better on meds but I still have lots of symptoms…but me being off meds is asking for trouble of a gigantic sort! I’ll take them while I can…and, yes, they told me to work harder in therapy, too.

2 Likes

I have only tried zyprexa, seroquel, Geodon and Latuda. Zyprexa didn’t do anything and seroquel made me worse. I struggled just taking Geodon alone but when I added Latuda I became functional.

I take them both. Geodon and Latuda. Something else may work better but I am afraid to experiment and lose what little sanity I now have.

Oh I forgot to mention I have had Haldol injections in the hospital. Those really helped. I have often thought about wanting to try it but like I said I am scared of becoming not functional again.

Yes, you are right that there is no perfect med. Maybe for some, but not for me, that’s sure… The problem is that I am passive since 17 years people. 17 years that I am isolated etc. I don’t know other dumb girl like this… The circumstances of my life took me to isolate myself like this, maybe I made some mistakes too. And now, the Zyprexa is helping a bit, in order to eat and be on my feet at my house, but I am still often in pain. I overthink so much negatively and other way that I have headaches, pain in my soul… it sucks… Did you have pain in your soul? My motricity is awful also for example. This illness affected it, yeah…
I could have handle probably the depression, but when I have emotional pain too, its a bit too much.

3 Likes

yeah, ok @eighteyedspy23, but I am ultra ill since kid, I am tired of just wait here or even struggle… My fears are that the meds are not even a help for me, idk… I never had a boyfriend and the times tickles for me. I am 35 years old, I have no more periods because of the meds. My ‘‘dreamed’’ move ran away from me and maybe ill want kids one day, you know. Judge me as jealous, but its unfair to have so few things now and the problem is that I am afraid that nothing wont change… whatever, I find acceptance will help me for the moment too so sorry for this ■■■■■■■ message now. Its just that it hurts me sometimes almost physically and its not nice…

3 Likes

@Anna1 take some rest…!!!

Yes I think acceptance will help. Acceptance is a part of recovery, I feel.

Is it also possible that zyprexa blocks my positive emotions? And that i should wait for them to return? 2 years that i am on this ap…

1 Like

I am waiting for min 101 sep 856 and aut 00206…!!!

1 Like

Zyprexa gave me trouble swallowing solid food. But maybe I could’ve adapted. Dunno.

@far_cry0, are these all are medicines name.

1 Like