Who else here is married?

I’m not married and don’t want to be. I’m happy most days being alone. I don’t want to be a burden to anyone with this illness.

Ended my 25 year marriage in 2012 (we parted as friends and get along better now than when married…and he is getting married next year-yayyy!)
and I remarried in 2012 as well. we have been married over 1year now.
No kids, and no plans for them, I’m too old anyway.

I had never dated anyone prior to the first marriage and preferred staying on my room to going anywhere, never had friends over, nor belong to any groups. This was way before the internet, and I figured I’d be solo the rest of my life.
It was one of my brothers friends that had asked if I wanted to go along with them to shop at a store that I agreed to go. The relationship developed from there. Never say never, but the chances of meeting someone you are compatable with improves greatly if you get out of the house. It should be anywhere you like to be, because then you might share some common intrests.

Think of it this way, how would that compatable person know to find you hiding in that house of yours?

2 Likes

i was but we split then got back together when he was ill and dying though we never had sex again. i would never say never to another relationship but i wouldn’t want them living here with me and the kids. i don’t watch tv and wouldn’t want it on at all and let’s face it, most people watch tv. it would be someone who understands me i think and believes in my abuse. if not then there’s no point. why should i have to hide myself to make excuses for someone’s lack of knowledge or faith. i think that if there will be someone in my life it will have to be a weekend thing and away from my life as a parent. guess we’ll see what happens in the future…if i have one that is. let’s wait and see.

1 Like

Met my wife online when I was 30. 46 now. Been a great 16 years. :blush:

10-96

2 Likes

I have been married for 19 years and have four children two boys, 18, 17, and two twin 13 year old girls. My wife and I met in collage and dated for five years prior to getting married.

Powessy

I met my husband on Match.com, we’ve been together 7 years.

I think i want a child because we are not always happy at the moment. Adrian is dissatisfied with where we live, which is difficult …

I just get broody and i don’t know how to handle it sometimes

I’m married since 13 years, been a couple gor 16 years. Have two kids. One does not live at home because I can’t manage him. He lives in something like a boarding school. (School and living in the same place. ) social services placed him there.

My kids are 10 and 13 (autism) I got ill 5 years ago and completely crashed 4 years ago.

1 Like

met my boyfriend on plenty of fish 7 years ago my sister met her husband on a dating site why are people so against them?

1 Like

I have a long term relationship. It is pretty valuable to me. She answered my pesonal ad in the paper.

Jayster

3 Likes

Been married for almost 5 years. We love each other dearly, but we both have our faults. It’s being able to look past them and view each other as perfectly imperfect.

2 Likes

I’ve been married for only two years; Have three boys together.

I suppose that I’m lucky; I was never much into the dating scene, lack the experience in such dating sorts, and I’m fairly content with the lack of experience in it. I was lucky to acquire a best friend first, then the husband, and lastly, a whole family of my own.

2 Likes

unit ivalid your not missing much dating is lie pretending how long do I have to pretend to be a normal human being until we can both be our real kooky flawed selves. I cannot stand dating.

I’m not married and have been single all my life–currently 27. I put no effort to meeting a partner so I don’t expect someone to simply show up.

My husband was like that :slight_smile:

I’m not married. I plan on being married and having kids.

Comrade!!!

Been married for 22 years. The longer I’m married the more I think it’s the best way to grow old. (In all of its meanings LOL)

I met my wife on Match 8 years ago and have been married for 4 years. We plan to have a child (she’s going to carry) in the next 2-3 years. I am very lucky that she is as loving and tolerant as she is since my illness seems to be getting worse and worse each year. I imagine that sooner or later she’ll reach her level of tolerance and leave, but I pray every day that she won’t. My first marriage ended because of my illness.

i am 24 years old,havent married lol

I’m married for nearly two and a half years, no kids yet, but planning…

1 Like