Who else can't cook

Like mentally something blocks you from cooking. I always say I don’t have any energy to cook. I don’t do much besides sit around and listen to music. I don’t feel like I can do anything

1 Like

So I just end up buying junk food on the go or not eating

I don’t have the energy to cook either…

Which I don’t know if it’s because I got lazy moving in with my parents, or just lost the energy cause a year ago I was cooking all the time🙃

1 Like

Is this avolition?

1 Like

I’m good at one thing in the kitchen - pan-searing steak. I can make the most mouth-watering steak, and have had everyone I’ve made one for say it’s the best they’ve ever had. You know how I got that good? Kept trying after failures. It all started with a simple web search, then I tweaked it on my own, experimenting with seasonings, time between flips, etc. I have also mastered pasta because as a kid my dad spent the time showing me.

Maybe if you find a partner who likes to cook, and/or is good at it, you can develop some skills. Or at least get some insider tips. There’s a whole universe to cooking, and it can be overwhelming if you tackle it at once, so just try to get good at making ONE thing you enjoy. It has to be something you enjoy, or you’ll just slave at it and get discouraged. Just a few ideas.

I mean it could be probably…

1 Like

I’m not bad at cooking I just can’t get myself tk do it

I go through spells of this. It usually means I need to sit outside for like 20 minutes and absorb some vitamin D.

1 Like

I’m like this most of the time I’d say

1 Like

I can’t. Maybe I could if I tried and believed in myself, but I’m too afraid.

1 Like

To be honest I have less motivation to cook for myself. But I live with my husband and I love him. So I did my best to cook good meals for my husband. Cooking for my husband makes me feel good.

1 Like

Sometimes the grocery store has premade meals you can buy. Over here they have enchiladas, wild rice hot dish, and pasta.

1 Like

I like to cook. But I’m not always good at it. Especially if I don’t go by a recipe. But a lot of times, my dishes turn out great.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.