Schizophrenia.com

Who decided to endure pain and fight, cause not wanting more meds?

It’s my case a bit… I’ve tried many meds before, I did only this for ten years, but nothing stopped the pain…
I am on zyprexa though, so it doesnt get life threatening…
But I still endure pain. But the truth is that I am quite passive still, maybe that’s why it doesnt work…
I dont want to seem stubborn, but if I had to take a med for every symptom of mine, I would be a walking pharmacy, with bunch of side effects and maybe crazier, cause lots of med even worsened me before…
Who is with me to continue this fight even with pain? :smirk::thinking:
Maybe the pain will stop one day, because of my efforts?
You endure a lot of pain too?
There’s also the tiny hope still for my docs, that the zyprexa can work better even after 4 years on it, but maybe it’s a lie…
Should I continue trying despite the pain?

2 Likes

I know Zyprexa can cause pain, if you have certain conditions. You might need a better antipsychotic.

No, my sz disease was like this… My pdoc said it’s not so severe, but quite painful.
And my docs now say, that my ap can work even in years… cause me, I was sick for 20 years before the med :smirk:
Tbh, my head and my inner sensations there just got stiffed now, it’s new. I wait for smth like this from the zyprexa tbh… maybe itll work in years finally yeap :grinning:

Who else here accepted to endure pain?
I told you, for ten years the psychiatry didnt took this away, but I realized today, that some ill people refused the pain and they fought against it…
Me, I ended up desperate because of my life experience and I’ve accepted the pain in the past…
But I start to get impatient and to hate it… it’s so much per moments, that it’s not human…
But who else here decided to endure it until it gets better? It’ll make me feel less alone to know this…
Yeah, I’ve chosen to fight almost alone, but now it hurts sometimes… but if I had to take a med against every symptom of mine, I’d be a walking pharmacy with only a bunch of side effects…

what kind of pain do you mean?

A soul pain, which is even physical… I’ve been diagnosed with conversion disorder as well and somatics…
Today, it hurted so much inside of me, in my chest, my soul I guess… but I suffer from oppressed anger…

is there a way you can convert the anger to something else, maybe it will help?

The pain was so much, that I cant move no…
I think, that I took everything on my shoulders before… now, I pay the price… my pdoc was saying that my sz is extremely painful and that I live in hell…
But her meds never helped the pain… I guess I’ll wait a bit here that it goes away… what else I can do?
Is it normal to have accepted to feel pain? My treatment came late in my illness tbh…
I realize that my ill friends fought when they were in pain, while me not… so that’s why I am so sick now…
I should continue trying to get better despite this? The pain just makes me tired to fight too tbh… but I guess its per moments now, maybe before it was chronical…

No one? Does someone else felt a tremendous pain despite the meds, but it got better with time? You always fought against it or you were in state, where you could only endure it? I realize that most of the people fight it but I was quite dumb before so I ve accepted to endure it. But sometimes it’s too much…

Talk to me pls, people… was your sz painful too and sometimes you just had to endure a pain? Should I be patient still??
Did you experience a hellish pain despite the meds? I guess it got better, I hope…
Sorry, but my pdoc stated that she cant help me more, we tried everything… but I realize, I was a square too, stubborn, not believing in any different than the sz and the pain…
Tell me if you went through a lot of pain despite the meds?

Sorry if something too… I just dont know what to do with the pain sometimes… it happens every evening still but gets slightly better after some time…
I guess I feel alone with it :pensive:
I dont want more meds too I find…
But tell me if you went through a hellish pain too despite the meds?

Thank you to be the only one who answered though, raelyn… :relaxed: I’ll try to take my shower then now, my pain lessened a bit, but it drained my energy… I am sad now… ■■■■…

Sorry that you feel sad, maybe have a tea with two tea bags in it, and leave the tea bags in it.

It may help you feel better…

Uhh i tried going that path a few times being like “I can just deal” and it was miserable. Now that I’ve found the right meds for me that help my symptoms and give me no bad side effects I am very glad I went back to medication and kept struggling to find a good fit, it was definitely worth it.

I’ve tried meds for 10 years anna, nothing helped… my pdoc said to stop switching the ap and fight… I guess my case is harder, cause I have an inactivity and isolation for 20 years, I am not sure the meds will fix this…
Ten years only of psychiatry anna, I was med compliant and everything…
Anyway, now I am all weak and shaky. Hugs

So sorry to hear that…some people’s illnesses are truly medication resistant. I hope someday they will evolve more treatment options for folks like you. I wish you all the best :disappointed:

1 Like

Thanks… maybe I should accept my pain moments… I’ve slept too much the last night, its always worse afterwards… I guess I’ll be better tomorrow. But I wanted to die today from pain… in the same time, I want so much to live still :pensive::pensive:
I’ll try to fight for you lol… sorry for the dumb ■■■■ but I need the smallest reason now in order to continue fighting…
I really start to think that 20 years old inactivity ruined me probably… one pdoc also told me, that they gave me way too many meds…
And the others, do you still experience lots of pain per moments? Do you believe it can go away, while you dont want to change your meds anymore? Anyway, maybe those who experience the pain, we just hide with it in our beds or something else…

I wonder if I take one klonopin now? Who is for it??

First of all, my english isn’t native and i haven’t gone to any course or academy so you’ll see my skills are poor and i have grammar mistakes, but there isn’t any forum in spanish so…

Anna1, I can’t say you anything because I agree with you. Abilify taken during 10 years has caused me anxiety crysys, breaking the 16 hrs awake/8 sleeping cycle, etc. After one year i gave up the pills becuase the only words from my psychiatrist with a certain aggresivity were “i have to thank to Ability that I can stand the scolds in my work place” (instead of a medication change offer). New pills are causing me to sleep 12 hours, have nightmares and sleep paralysys and 1-have removed anxiety since im not sleepless anymore but i feel still corrupt inside me and i feel an inner anger and 2- have inability to say “no” when being emotionally constrained by others such as people in the streets begging me.

So, i dont know your case with detail, i don’t know if you can try other medication or not, but your psychiatrist should understand your pain and offer you a change instead of saying it’s a risk like mine one. I don’t know how much will i stand my current medication (Haloperidol and Quetiuapin)

Thanks dear, but I’ve tried all the aps here on the market… really… I’ve spent ten years only doing this…
One pdoc was honest with me and he even said, that I’ve tried too many… maybe I should accept the pain…
My illness was untreated for 20 years, so maybe that’s why it doesn’t work… I isolate since 20 years, I almost had no one for 20 years, this is a killer too…
My ex pdoc was allowing me a klonopin at my worst, but not my new doc…I am wondering if I take one now, but I am doping myself I find :smirk: