Who are your favorite poets? MI or not

When I first got sick, my thoughts were “I feel sad, I’m scared, I can’t think, can schizophrenics be successful, does schizophrenia drop your iq, I’m paranoid, I can’t leave the house, I can’t feel pleasure, people are hurting me, people are laughing at me, people are watching me, I can’t leave the house, etc.”

I had alogia, I couldn’t speak or think, I may have suffered from bipolar depression, I had every concievable symptom.

This is what people think: when will I get better, how can I work how can I get on ssdi…etc

I was bitter that it wasn’t an easier to deal with disease, I was all messed up, I hated having symptoms like alogia and poverty of thought. I had every single negative symptom. That was total bullcrap!

My brain never fully developed to get a grasp on poetry, I enjoy listening to interpretations but when I read the classics, its impossible to understand. Same with higher education literature

I never had a hallucination, I haven’t to this day, other than hypnagogic and hypnopompic hallucinations when I go to sleep.

Literally EVERYTHING else was an issue, I’m delusional and paranoid right now, I’ve always been even on atypical antipsychotics, I was delusional in the past, too.

1 Like

bump 23232323151515

I’m impressed just by the fact that you wrote all of that.

good list! I second all that.

1 Like

I admire Robert Frost for his poem ‘The road not taken’

1 Like

Has to be rupi kaur

1 Like

Don’t forget, Robert Lowell, Randall Jarrell, and John Berryman.

Death of Annie Sexton by suicide was at age 46.

She possibly had cancer.

Thomas James, or was it James Thomas,

brilliant, unknown, died young, still talked about today.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I love Virginia Woolf. Sylvia Plath and e.e.cummings are also really good poets.

1 Like

Tupac Skaur
Maya Angelou
Robert Frost
William Shakespeare

2 Likes

bump 15151515 15

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.