Schizophrenia.com

Which virtue means the most to you and why

1 Like

It is the column in the middle

For me… It is self control.

Without self control I feel like I can’t do anything.

Courage is what I’m working on

1 Like

Yeah, self control for me too.

1 Like

Courage understood very broadly in the manner of the Stoics.

1 Like

In the manner of the stoics?

1 Like

Honesty
What are any of them without

1 Like

I guess the most important one for every person is the one that drives every person to be able to do the other ones. Or makes the other ones more real. Or something

1 Like

Without self control I find it hard to do the other ones.

1 Like

The stoics were a sect in ancient Greece, I believe.

I recommend a book to you that I think you would like by Derren Brown the illusionist. it is called ‘Happy’ and it will give you the low down simply of such people like the stoics. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks!! :slight_smile:

I’ll look up on amazon to see if I like it.

1 Like

I think for me, temperance. The way I react to things calmly and strongly, I think it ties in with self control.

1 Like

Humility, cause sometimes I think I know it all. When I don’t. Too much pride. Too much humility sometimes feels like I don’t give myself enough credit.

1 Like

I like modesty.

1 Like

I think you’re very modest about your art.

Idk. Maybe? I just say how I feel about it lol… Idk :relaxed:

1 Like

I’d say courage…

Like I used to go out by myself and fly in planes with no problem. But now I am anxious and scared of those things.

Also, even though it’s not on there- independence. Being able to do things by yourself and for yourself. I think courage and independence can go together sometimes.

1 Like

Another book you might want to check out is, the art of living. It is by one of the stoic philosopher, Epictetus

Very plain spoken and straightforward

2 Likes

I would have to say honesty. If I am not honest with myself, how can I ever improve? I try to be honest with myself, and all of my friends and family.

Next comes the courage to do something about it

1 Like