Which One Are You? "They may say I'm a dreamer..."

In January 2013 (work published in the journal Cerebral Cortex), the team led by Perrine Ruby, Inserm researcher at the Lyon Neuroscience Research Center, made the following two observations: “high dream recallers” have twice as many time of wakefulness during sleep as “low dream recallers” and their brains are more reactive to auditory stimuli during sleep and wakefulness. This increased brain reactivity may promote awakenings during the night, and may thus facilitate memorisation of dreams during brief periods of wakefulness.

“Imagine” John Lennon

Imagine there’s no countries
It isn’t hard to do

Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace…

You may say I’m a dreamer
But I’m not the only one
I hope someday you’ll join us
And the world will be as one

3 Likes

High dream recaller, without question. I don’t have lucid dreaming, but the dreams are vivid and I can be very aware in them.

I had a nightmare last night where I was crazy.

2 Likes

High dream recaller. Although I wish I wasn’t. My dreams are almost always bad.

High dream recaller with the waking up several times during the night. I can fall asleep and immediately dream. I can wake up and go back to a dream i was having, and have many lucid dreams.

Me too. I wake up 2-3 times each night. I usually talk in my sleep when I’m half awake half sleeping.

My medications are so strong, as soon as the knock me out I cant wake if I do I’m not fully awake and if I want to get out of bed I cant move and fall back asleep. I used to sleep through my alarms every day until I stopped setting them.

I am not a high dream recaller. If I sleep late and my alarm goes off several times I will usually remember being in a dream, but I rarely remember it.

Low dream recaller …

High dream recaller zzz