Which mental disease is this?

Hi,
When I wake up in the morning everything is fine but as the progresses I start to feel extremely tensed, too much anxiety.
The only way out of this mental state is reading forums.
Thread after thread, post after post.

I start at approx. 6pm and continue surfing the web till about 11:30 pm. Then I go to sleep.

The same problem occurs the next day.

Which mental disease is this ?

1 Like

Could be just bad anxiety. Are you on anti depressants?

Do you have audio, visual, or tactile hallucinations?

I recognise This. Some sort of stress syndrome maybe? Could be psychotic symtoms too. (im no expert though)

they say it’s not a real disorder, social media addiction.

I wonder though.

1 Like

I don’t see it as a problem. Other people watch tv or read a book or play video games. From the morning till 6pm. Don’t worry.

No I don’t take any anti depressants.I used to have hallucinations but it stopped since I started taking medication for schizophrenia.

I guess I will have to talk to my psychiatrist.

Ask a doctor. Should never self diagnose, it only makes things more difficult.

1 Like

I am kind of suspecting that too,

But this dependency on the Internet is very annoying.

Thanks. I will surely talk to my psychiatrist.

1 Like

Is there anything you rather do but your addiction is stopping You?

For example if I want to watch TV while this tension/anxiety has started I cant. Either I need to sit in front of my PC or I must browse the web on my phone.

Do you have pain in your body when you are stressed?

No, I don’t feel any pain.

I see. I was thinking functional neurological disorder but I don’t think so either.
I think it is best to speak with your pdoc.

It sounds like obsessive behavior. Obsessive behavior is usually preceded by feelings of anxiety and stress, which is relieved when the behavior is enacted.

if that were so, it would be millions of people.

Obsessive behavior is fairly common.

1 Like

If you feel a compulsion to read every thread and every post and to do this everyday, it’s possible you could be experiencing symptoms of OCD.

1 Like