Which member here is fully recovered?

I’m doing better these days but nowhere near what I was pre psychosis

1 Like

I am a figment of your imagination.

I used to think I was fully recovered when I went off meds for five years but looking back I still had residual symptoms. Then I relapsed and went back on meds.

Now it’s a cycle of episodes and stability but some residual symptoms are still there.

Like some unusual beliefs and avolition, and occasional voices and visits from Alien and Sarah.

You’re a badass

My doctor is old school. He said real true schizophrenics don’t recover. They can sometimes function but about 15% only work. He said bipolar has 50% work rate. That’s why I believe he had it out for me when he told me he thinks I have bipolar because I would probably lose my benefits. I opened my mouth and said stupid things like I took CS50 from Harvard online, a free CS course and he thought I could work…

Did you complete CS50? I’m guessing you mean via Edx.org .

No. I dropped out. It got harder. It gets harder and I couldn’t do it because my doctor changed my meds. Maybe ill try again. Maybe I need more practice. Its harder than mit’s python class, which I completed. Much harder.

I think I quit after the music assignment. It gets exponentially hard.

1 Like

havent heard voices in a long time am i? i dont know

Fully recovered means no meds and no positive, negative and cognitive symptoms. I don’t think anyone here meets this.

3 Likes

I am not fully recovered. I will gladly post it when that eventually happens

1 Like

I went from schzioaffective diagnosis to personality disorder diagnosis and not on invega anymore. Doing better without medication. On straterra but it makes me sleep. Babysit and enjoy hobbies now off invega. Trying to find new restless leg medication.

If I can take care of myself, have money, get a job I will considered my self “recovered” even if I have mild or moderate symptoms. I’m hoping that I get cured someday. I have hope and I believe this is possible in my lifetime. I already talked about my theories. I believe Caplyta might be giving me a new life and new possibilities and new hope. I believe all my delusions are caused by distortion in my vision and severe DP/DR that was chronic 24/7 every day for 10+ years. It might never get 100% cured, but it’s sort of minimal and doable right now. I don’t feel like I’m in hell suffering anymore. I actually feel joy and am happy sometimes.

I’ve not been an inpatient for 37 years.About 7 months before that I was on a medium stay ward looking at at best a group home
, or at worst a long stay ward.

Have I done as well over the years as other people of my age and intelligence ? Most definitely not Part of that can be put down to inadequate treatment . I live a very basic lifestyle . To maintain that I have quite a lot of support.

The result of having no one near me to provide regular support , and a UK mental health system that generally treats the chronic, non acute service users as 2nd class service users, was self neglect.

1 Like

Disrupted sleep often leads to mental health problems, I now sleep far too much, but it’s in the right direction, I wouldn’t want to be going without sleep. I have no paranoia, yet feel like a baby, I am unable to even go to the airport, I don’t trust myself to catch the correct flight to see my sister. I was unable to tolerate Abilify, so I’m now on Clopixol.

I want to study CS50 as well, it is indeed difficult. I might be taking an access to higher education course in September, so in my spare time might pick up CS50. I would love to have the certificate on my LinkedIn profile/CV.

2 Likes

I am @san_pedro! I’m actually in the running to be the future Taoiseach of ireland. I’m a junior minister at the moment

1 Like

I haven’t fully recovered yet, but I’m learning to cope

I’ve come a long way and have been stable for almost 2 years now. I sleep a lot and work as a cashier. Still live with my parents. I’ve recovered a lot from where I was to where I am but still have mood problems here and there. I guess a part of me is dealing with the fact that I can’t just do whatever I want anymore and stuck living a certain way. I do take regular showers and maintain my hygiene, read books, listen to podcasts and try to do as much as I can. Still have cognitive and memory issues but I try to make the best of it. I have recovered a lot but far from where I used to be.

I don’t know if I will ever come off my ap. But I do feel like I’m on the path of recovery, for now. Because I feel more confident in some respects. On the downside, my motivation, interest in things is extremely low. I can’t even manage my walks fully anymore.

1 Like

I still deal with hallucinations so I’m not fully recovered.