Which medication you havent tried but afraid to try?

Adderall is a more powerful dopamine agonist than Ritalin and I read that its more likely to worsen psychosis than Ritalin.

1 Like

I tend to agree with your therapist @Aziz, even though I have so called "negative symptoms " myself. I feel this way because most of the time, I have to fight with myself to take baths/showers, do housework, etc… But, when I absolutely have to, I can suddenly get motivated to do Herculean jobs like fighting bedbugs, and cleaning up a hoarder house.

2 Likes

Yeah. We all have motivation somewhere.
Like if there’s a fire in the room you’ll jump the heck out of bed.

2 Likes

Lol I wish this worked for me, I go a week without showering as I never feel like its important. Nothing is important anymore.

1 Like

Lol I mean like if your house was on fire you’d probably get out of bed before you got burned to death lol

1 Like

Heroin was sometime in psychiatric history a medicine. I am afraid to use that. It’s addictive. But so are the other medicines which work or have to take for life. What’s the difference?

I was on zotepine for a year. It made me lethargic real bad. Made me slow. Gave me tachycardia/panic like thing. Don’t want to take it again.

1 Like

Benzos. Trouble is i love them. I was at a place in my head years ago, where i was buying other peoples prescriptions, so they could get their crack.

Diazapam and Pregablin mostly. Spent hundreds whilst on them cos i was impulsive and was melting the credit card.

Noooo.

1 Like

My former pdoc wanted to put me on modafinil. I refused because I was worried I would get psychotic.

I’m a bit afraid of stimulants.

1 Like

My last pdoc wanted to put me on Modafinil for negative symptoms. I refused. Idk if I should take it now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.