Which medication you havent tried but afraid to try?

I was afraid to try abilify because of the dangerous side effects, but tried. I am afraid to use chantix, not knowing how it affect me and my urges to smoke, heard people flip on it. Wbu?

I’m afraid to try anything else other than Abilify as it’s kept me out of hospital for nearly 8 years.

I’d like to try rexulti, but if it didn’t work out, maybe I’d have to go back on a higher dose of Abilify or maybe Abilify would stop working altogether.

1 Like

I’m afraid to try Clozaril.

2 Likes

Benzo for sure.

Haloperidol, even though I’ve been prescribed it.

Nozinan. The original manufacturer didn’t want to market it any more, and in some countries it’s only allowed for veterenarian use…

Clozapine. That’s the next one on my doctor’s list for me, and I’m refusing, primarily because of the weight gain.

Adderall for negative symptom. It might help but not sure if it would cause psychosis or destabilize me. Ritalin didn’t work out for me.
My pdoc offered to prescribe any stimulants.

1 Like

Mine is clozaril.

Me too @SkinnyMe

1 Like

Clozapine and Rexulti.

Why it didn’t work? Your psychosis got worse?

1 Like

It was giving me anxiety attacks and yeah psychosis related symptom. And it destabilized my moods

1 Like

I started trying out 2 different racetams. coluracetam and aniracetam. There was some studies for there antidepressant properties and also in schizophrenia. aniracetam acts on ampa receptors and coluracetam is a choline uptake. Its kinda risky buying from these nootropics suppliers though as you have to trust that there ‘certificate of analyisis’ is legit. I wish I could chemically test it myself.
Trying to improve my cognition, especially when I feel brain dead and still have to work.

like atleast brainvitaminz sarcosine, szadmin knows them so its easier to trust that their stuff is quality.

1 Like

My cognition is fine. Its the negative symptoms that I hate.

ah yeah its just both for me. somedays I feel like im just floating around in space. it took me about 8 hours today to finally get on to the computer to do something productive. its like being locked to the couch.

1 Like

But thats negative symptoms and not cognitive symptoms from my understanding. What cognitive symptoms do you have? Idk I did so well in school and my neuropsychologist and a therapist said my cognition is ok.

1 Like

for cognitive I can get quite spacey and cannot concentrate on stuff. but yeah your probably right its mostly the negative symptom stuff

1 Like

Cognition is how awake you nornally are and how quickly stuff you can process and yoir reaction time

2 Likes

My therapist made me do cognitive tests and thats all she cared about, she told me I did great which for her means that I can get back to university and work. She said I have no reason to stay in bed and that its not my sz. She ignored me when I told her that I have negative symptoms its why I stay in bed a lot. She said those don’t exist.