Which is worse: delusions or voices?

I’d say delusions. As long as I don’t believe my hallucinations are subjects of any kind they are a nuissance, but nothing more. They upset me much more when I have some accompanying delusion about their nature.

1 Like

I’ve never heard voices, just have delusions. Delusions made me travel several kilometres because I thought there was a girl that was in love with me. It made me shout to my cousin as well. So I think delusions are the worst thing ever.

As a person who has lived with psychosis for most of my life, I’d have to say that delusions are worse. While hallucinations can definitely be confusing or unsettling, I’ve lived with psychosis so long that I can tell whether or not if I’m seeing things. Depending on the content of the hallucinations, I can either reassure myself quickly or it will take some time for that to happen.

When it comes to delusions, I’d definitely say that they take the cake for the worst symptoms. Though there’s a part of you that knows that what you’re believing doesn’t make sense, you end up believing it anyways because somehow it makes sense. Plus they feel controlling, as described by some of the other members in this thread.

The voices can be distracting but the delusions can be very embarrassing and troublesome. For example there have been a few times were I became convinced that my friends were jumping back from the future and looking at the world through my eyes while hearing and seeing everything I can hear and see including the voices and hallucinations.