Which is harder to have? DID or sz?

I’m diagnosed sz, but often believe I dissociate quite often. Which do you think is harder to have? DID or sz? I usually think DID. (DID is Dissociative Identity Disorder.)

Dang both are awful and can involve losing control of yourself and having no idea what you did. I guess at least w DID you don’t have to deal w crippling paranoia/hallucinations/negative symptoms, etc. but I don’t like to make contests out of suffering they’re both really debilitating illnesses

3 Likes

why not have both its a blast.

3 Likes

I’m sorry if my question offended anyone.

nah no worries. they both suck…im unsure which sucks more tho.

1 Like

I don’t know what DID is but then I didn’t know what schizophrenia was either until I got diagnosed with it. I even took an abnormal psychology class in college. Don’t remember any of it.

1 Like

I looked it up. Looks to be pretty severe. Mostly childhood trauma victims. I had a pretty good childhood so I can’t complain but I am sorry if something like that happened to you.

But it’s interesting to read about because I get memory loss when I am psychotic but I don’t think it’s because of anther personality. I just black out and don’t remember everything.

1 Like

At rare times I too dissociate. And it’s pure hell when it happens. But, for me, it is rare.

I have sza. But for me, at the moment, I am in full remission. It is pure hell when I relapse. But for now, I am blessed.

I really can’t say which is harder to deal with. They are both hard in different ways. And I have found that they kind of go together.

2 Likes

It depends on the severity of the disorder, but usually sz is harder…

3 Likes

Having had prolonged fugue dissociative episodes in my life, I feel that while i was dissociated, I as I am now didn’t exist. So it is ike being dead with no awareness or consciousness whatsoever. At least with sz you know you are alive, even though in psychosis it can get a little strange sometimes.

1 Like

I don’t think you can compare the two.

It would be like comparing an apple and an orange. They’re different, but they’re both fruits.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.