Which is better...Lord of the Rings or Star Wars?

rogueone mentioned this once and I think I would like to know which you like better…lord of the rings or star wars? I choose star wars.

2 Likes

Lord of the Rings made Star Wars look like a High School play.

LOTR all the way. I dig Star Wars. It was a good little movie but as sci fi it was horribly derivitive. Just borrowed a lot of things and thus not too original in the worlds of Science Fiction.

2 Likes

Star wars all the way for me.

Lotr was good until they formed the “followship of the ring”, and then it was boring after that.

1 Like

Star Wars would lose if it was put up against a high school play. The dialogue was just that bad.

1 Like

I prefer Lord of the Rings. I try to binge the extended edition trilogy at least once per year

2 Likes

I say LOTR is my pick. :bug::bug::bug:

3 Likes

LOTR although I do love Star Wars.

Han Solos ship from ROTJ breezed by my home covered in crap last week by the way.

1 Like

I don’t get the comparison. They aren’t similar at all.

1 Like

They are both epic fantasy blockbusters…so there’s that.

It’s like comparing apples to oranges. The only similarity is that they are fruit. I think they are equally popular.

2 Likes

Gandalf - Wizard.

Obi-Wan-Space Wizard

Frodo-Country Boy

Luke–Farmboy

Aragorn-Ranger

Han Solo-Space Cowboy

Etc…

Loads of comparisons imo.

5 Likes

It goes to show our nerdy mentality when it comes to writing movies for the masses we tried to give him something to Hopeful and delusions only to see that fall back on us later

I like LOTR better.

3 Likes

I don’t like either. I prefer Marvel movies.

1 Like

Raimi’s Spider-Man trilogy. I havent watched neither.

Two completely different trilogies at two completely different times. Don’t think its fair to compare. I loved the Star Wars trilogies as a kid and i loved the lord of the rings trilogies as an adult.

4 Likes

Lord of the rings is by far the better of the two. It was a huge part of my life growing up. Still obsessed with them to this day. So rich in lore and epicness.

1 Like