Whey powder benefits *my experiences*

Hi,
I have been diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder (just so you know where i’m coming from) and I would like to share some of the experiences I had while taking whey powder as a supplement.

Backstory: I used to hate going outside, mainly because I thought people were looking at me and judging me. The other reason was because I thought I could feel peoples energy fields and every time somebody would walk past I thought I could feel that energy and I didn’t like that.

Some of my other problems were: anxiety, mood swings and insomnia.

Taking whey powder came about, I think, because I was just into taking different supplements that might help me to function more easily.

The brand I first bought (and have mostly stuck with) is maxi muscle and the next day after taking a dose I noticed that I felt less paranoid about whether people were judging me or looking at me and significantly less anxious.

I used whey for a long time with good results.

Since then I have been sectioned and been put on meds so I’m not saying that whey is an amazing cure but I thought and still think that it helped quite a lot.

If you do try whey powder for yourself, make sure it’s a good brand! because I bought some very, relatively inexpensive “amino acids” from a high street store to tide me over and they were really awful and just put me in a rotten mood.

Does anyone else have any good/bad/indifferent experiences with whey powder?

PS I’m off meds for now :wink:

I took whey protein for years as a post-workout shake - that was the best time to hit my metabolism with all those amino acids. I’d recommend it for people who are big into weight lifting or are working a highly laborious job.