Where in the world?

I live in New Zealand in a small city.

2 Likes

Howā€™s living in New Zealand? Or whatā€™s it like there? @Big-guns

1 Like

Where Iā€™m from you get the mountain the beacheā€™s the coast I like it Iā€™m part maori so indigenous to the country great air no pollution alot of farmland.

1 Like

I live nestled between rednecks and hillbilliesā€¦there is a differenceā€¦ridge runners are much more friendly than rednecksā€¦

1 Like

Rednecks are nice to you if you know them. Otherwise maybe not.

Oh Yeah!!!..Bite me

2 Likes

Lol you would be a mountain man its mostly topographicalā€¦ Rednecks lack hills hillbillies lack mountains and mountain men look down on us allā€¦lol

1 Like

Do you ever see Tuatara in the wild? I like to show my students pics of them because they look so cool, when we cover animal diversity in lecture. ā€œLiving fossils,ā€ theyā€™re sometimes called, also referred to as the closest living relative to dinosaurs. There are only two species left, and both are found only in New Zealand (besides zoos and such in other countries).

Fun biology fact for the day! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I UNDERSTAND YOU @flameoftherhine

1 Like

Oh yeah, bet the air is real nice there!

1 Like

I never see them in the part of nz where Iā€™m from.

Oh, ok. I know a lot of ecologists like to go to New Zealand to conduct studies, on account of the biodiversity.

1 Like

northern california usa. Iā€™m in the suburbs

1 Like

@flameoftherhine I canā€™t help but think your talking about me. But I canā€™t complain, I am friendlier than a redneck.

Forest behind me. Hay field and some woods between me and the river in front of me.

2 Likes

South Bay Area, California.

Californiaā€¦

In the sixties, home of the hippies, tree-huggers, and the Jefferson Airplane.

In the seventies, the PCP (Chrystal, KJ, horse tranquilizer) capitol of the United States.

In the eighties, we helped popularize the Sushi and hot tub craze

And then in the nineties, home of Silicon Valley, center of the tech boom which helped erase our national debt under Clinton and created a record surplus.

Currently. I have no idea whatā€™s happening here but its got to be good.

1 Like

Form a tiny village in the middle ass end of no where.

Now living in the inland north west of the USA

2 Likes

We also have the worlds only flightless parot the kakapo lol

1 Like

Haha kakapo is great had to Google itā€¦I knew of it but didnā€™t know its nameā€¦Iā€™m guessing there isnt many natural predators in nzā€¦this seems like easy lunch even for a clumsy predatorā€¦

1 Like

We also have the kiwi as well which is the national icon they also call new Zealanders kiwis and then there is kiwiana. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiwi

3 Likes

Ahh yes, the kiwi lol

1 Like