Where i want to be in 10 to 15 years

I have been making a lot of life goals and plans. I know it wont go according to plan. Especially with the time frame. But im finishing undergrad next semester and applying to grad school for fall 2022. Moving cities if accepted at my dream school and trying to get it done in 2 years though that sounds really hard for me. Then ill have a masters in art therapy and my fiance will be in her online undergrad. Well move once she gets into grad school. And once im working as an art therapist after all my certifications and such and once my dog passes away (which will devastate me for a while) ill apply for a service dog. I want a black poodle and name it Magik. I go by Moon in real life. I also want to have a child at some point but i dont know if thats possible given my partner and i are same sex and we might not be able to bare children and i dont know if theyll let me adopt.

6 Likes

If you ever want advice on adopting with schizophrenia, go ahead and message me. It is trickier, but still very possible.

2 Likes

You could do embryo adoption and IVF. It’s cheaper in the Czech Republic than the US. I’ve had several friends travel there to get it done because even after travel, lodging, and food are accounted for it’s still cheaper than doing it in the US most of the time.

2 Likes

Thats good its possible. I really want to adopt. Im also autistic though

1 Like

Mr. Star is autistic.

2 Likes

It also really depends on your demographic, maybe. We were looking to adopt older kids, specifically LGBT ones. We are literally the only home within 100 miles that takes trans kids at the moment. They weren’t going to say no to us.

3 Likes

Thats awesome im also trans and would love a trans kid

2 Likes

If you want one, you’ll definitely get one, probably within hours of being certified. Something like 90% of trans kids in foster care end up in shelters because nobody will take them.

2 Likes

Yeah as long as i can get good insurance id love one

2 Likes

Foster kids come with state insurance, and if they have a qualifying medical condition (most of them do) they can keep it after being adopted. This might depend on your state. You can also sometimes keep state insurance if you can’t afford to insure them yourself. In addition, almost any kid over the age of 7 comes with adoption subsidy, which is anywhere from $500-2000 a month until they turn 18. With Starlet we get roughly 1400 because he has mental health diagnoses that qualify him for the “special” rate. You do have to have proof of income before being approved, but you don’t exactly have to plan for the unexpected expenses that can drop up. If you can afford to live on your current budget, you can afford to raise a kid through foster care. The state also generally pays all adoption fees when you adopt through foster care.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info!

2 Likes

I want to be right where I’m at now in 10 to 15 years only I want more money saved up and I want to be more well traveled.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.