Where do you find hope?

I live for my family; mom and dad who’s still standing beside me, and I live for my dreams to come true…

Congratulations on the 6 month sobriety mark. It’s not easy. Good for you for all that hard work.

2 Likes

also i find time is running out, so im putting my best foot forward, and giving life my best effort and shot.

I find hope in the evolution of medicine: drugs that address the negative symptoms will be available soon (the first being Bitopertin in 2015, I guess).

1 Like

Yeah I still hope for better medications…the scientists working as we speak don’t let us down. They have made it possible for us to live normal lives and even recover from this illness. I myself wish I could be an MD like my grandfather whom I am named after, but I just can’t keep up with higher level math like calculus, so I am studying psychology and will shoot for a phd. in psychology instead.

I just feel like I owe my life to mental health services. They saved mine, and now it just feels right to give mine back. I feel content with semester after semester of psychology courses, I am eager to learn and I do well. I hope to be the on-call psychologist at a mental health facility. I want to deal with people who were just like me because I know what worked and what didnt in terms of communicating with me while I was insane.

I think that within our lifetime, the closest thing to an end-all miracle drug just might be created. In 200 years, I like to tell myself that no one will suffer from schizophrenia and that modern medicine will have found a miracle drug. Just think about how much psychiatry has improved in just my parent’s generation- from thorazine to drugs like Gedon, Abilify and Latuda, all less than a decade old and helping many people on these forums live quality lives.

2 Likes

I live for my mom and my dog.

I know what you mean. when you live for others it gives an added dimension to your life, a meaning. it’s a good feeling to be needed.

judy

i find im fighting back now for all i’m worth, fighting in a good sense

1 Like

I know what you meant. It is our partner who lights up the way to the future. Blessings !

1 Like

When i am at my worst, i pray a lot, and i live with hope that one day my prays will be heard, even not only directed to me but to those scientists that will find the cure. Since i started praying, its been 5 months now, i get lot of ideas on how to keep myself healthy and this past 2 months i am at my best, i do have a manageable anxiety around strangers but probably i will cure that by finding a job were i will associate with strangers to become confident.

1 Like

When I’m in a bad place I pray. I read the bible. And I watch “amazing stories” on the 700 club website.

My hope is in God. He has seen me though this illness from the beginning. I’m guessing 7 years worth. It’s funny how I had a terror of God, because the illness told me too. How sad wasting all that time on voices. My other thing that helps sustain me is medication and peer support. God is good…I wouldn’t have any will to go on. Except I learned God asks us to left up our sorrows and sufferings. Lets face it, this illness is utter madness at times.

1 Like