When you read

Are you kinda like talking to yourself in your brain what you read? I’m trying to figure out if the meds made me read differently or if this is normal its kind of hard to explain if you don’t understand what I mean I can try to explain it another way

2 Likes

After my psychotic break I noticed that reading became a different experience too.

Before that it seemed as if I just looked at words and immediately took in their meaning in the same way that when I see a bird I know it’s a bird without have to say the word “bird” in my head. But that’s the way I read now, like I’m speaking the words out loud, but in my mind.

Maybe it has something to do with a decreased processing speed.

3 Likes

I have a harder time comprehending what I’m reading so I think harder about it and have to reread several times if I need to reply to what I’m reading. Idk if that’s what you’re talking about

2 Likes

I have that issue too, what @anon1517417 described.

Sometimes it’s not there though, for example when reading the forum it is less likely to be there

I think that’s probably what you mean too @anon80490300

2 Likes

I hear what you are saying.

1 Like

When I read I need to read each word and process it, but it doesn’t happen on a conscious level. Like, I will be picturing everything as though it is a movie in my head, but if I miss a word, the movie freezes until I go back and intentionally absorb the missing word.

1 Like

Yea since sz I talk in my mind while reading, before sz it was instant, faster processing speed and more natural. I cant really read books now, just news, reviews, forums, etc

2 Likes

I was reading a book a couple days ago when I first noticed it now it annoys me because I know I do it even when on the forum

1 Like

I do it on the forum too.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.