When you become psychotic, does your life prior seem like it didn’t happen?

When you are psychotic, does your life prior to the episode seem like it didn’t happen and it was all a dream? I am experiencing this, and it is disturbing me. Can anyone relate?

1 Like

When I’m psychotic, I can only think in the present.

1 Like

I think I understand what you mean, like your mind is too consumed with what is happening presently so you can’t think of anything else?

1 Like

Sometimes I think I’ve done stuff I never did. Like serious stuff. Then when I’m out of psychosis I’m very relieved when I realize that I never did those things.

It’s not like my past never happened, it’s more that I’m convinced I did things in my past I never did.

1 Like

Yes, that is right.

1 Like

I am experiencing a lot of confusion too. Yesterday I was trying to get out so I got a lyft to the local college town. Some people were standing outside the store, and I think or guessed that they were tripping on mushrooms or edibles, not a good idea, and one guy was rambling about how vaccines make you a zombie awful thing to say…

I do not believe or get paranoid about that. But the people who are getting paranoid are the idiots who believe conspiracy theories/including me because im a total gullible person…Im going through thought projectionn and derealization too.

so I sat there eating lunch on a bench and tried to imagine that I was invisible and no one could hear me, and then i went home because i was exhausted.

You’re not alone…in those experiences. I tend to forget a lot of what happened during episodes too…and I know how to induce them so I have to avoid street drugs like mushrooms or lsd. I dont think I culd handle it all the time…

1 Like

My mom recently said she forgets things she said or did during her psychosis and that it scares her…I also dont remember certain details. But no one person can remember every single detail of everything…

2 Likes

Yea I can relate @Phantogram . There are stuff I can’t remember and then there’s stuff I remember all too well.

I have been accused by people about things I’ve done but my recollection of the incident is not the same.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.