When will min-101 be available? Roughly?

Hi. I’ve just been doing a bit of reading up on min 101 and I must say I’m excited for it. When (roughly) do you think it will be available. And is it an add-on medication or do you take it by itself. I personally hope it’s an add-on medication because the doctors don’t trust me taking tablets unless it’s an add -on. I’m on injection of risperidone consta because I’m not trusted with tablets, the doctor thinks I won’t take tablets.

1 Like

When the sky turns green and the grass several shades of blue (The Stone Roses)… :wink:

1 Like

About 4 years maybe. Phase 3 takes about 3 years and it’s going into phase 3 this year.

1 Like

They are currently testing it as monotherapy.

Since some doctors will prescribe more than one AP at a time, perhaps yours may consider it as an add on. But it won’t be available for 3-5 years, assuming it passes phase 3.

https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2016/10/26/883055/0/en/Minerva-Neurosciences-Announces-Positive-Data-From-Six-Month-Extension-of-Phase-IIb-Trial-of-MIN-101-Monotherapy-in-Schizophrenia.html

Thanks guys. Even if it mono I’m still looking forward to it.

I don’t understand the bizarre focus here on min 101, it is not the only drug in the pipeline there are plenty.

1 Like

My doctor thinks I won’t take tablets too. Just cause I won’t take my medicine. I get the shot. I take thyroid though in pill form. So I can do it.

I would say closer to 5 years.

Maybe you’ll have good luck with Pimavanserin. It’s being tested as an adjunctive, for inadequate response to APs and negative symptoms. It’s also in phase 3, so a few more years.

Well, the topic of this thread is MIN 101. Not all new APs. That’s why we’re focused on it. Also the drug co just released new study data a few days ago.

Pimavanserin has been associated with deaths in clinical trials, so I won’t be going near it!

Five years is a long way off. Something has to come out between then and now.

Well, i could guess you could time any new drug with the running out of drug patents rights of old ones, so i guess one every ten years or so… sorry 20 years as googling patent laws results

I can’t locate reports of this. Was it in the Alzheimers or Parkinsons studies? In either case, the FDA thought it was safe enough to proceed. I’ll have to see the data to decide, but there’s risk with any drug.

https://www.streetinsider.com/dr/news.php?id=11475085

1. Director Mathis believes “the safety risk (of Pimavanserin) is substantial”

In 20 years from now they’ll have better treatments

Well abilify being the latest hot model approved by the NHS was patented in 2002, so i guess the next “big breakthrough” will be 2022, so not that long to wait for the next so called wonder drug…

I can certainly understand why you wouldn’t want to take it, but they’re currently recruiting on at least 4 trials of Pimavanserin, and I think they’re currently using it for Parkinsons. From the article it says it was a 2-12 vote with 12 in favor. Hopefully these 4 new trials will give something definitive on the risk. Part of the reason these things take so long. Got to make sure it’s not likely to kill us.

The phase 3 trials are large enough and long enough so the data should be more meaningful.

Let’s hope so.

I think there are some tweaks to existing meds coming. Combinations of 2 meds together in a fixed dose, depot preparations of drugs now only in pill form. But my guess is the next “new” thing will be LU AF35700 because that is in phase 3 as of about a year ago, and it has been fast tracked by the FDA. If the results are really good, it could be just a few years. At least 3 probably.