When was the last time you worked?

The work ethic has punished my conscience for so long I now say to hell with it!

1 Like

Fir some reason immediately pictured super saiyan from dragon ball z :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
all-super-saiyan-forms-dbz-dragon-ball-z

1 Like

Working right now. Putting some extra in to catch up on all the policy changes that came in today.

1 Like

I worked for a day about a week ago.

1. And the whole experience was a disaster. The young people that worked there hated me and made my life miserable. And I sucked as a waitress.
1 Like

Every damn day. Being this good takes work.

2005 ? Went back to work for borders the bookstore but got a little paranoid and went back on the pension. Been pretty much doing volunteering a couple of half days a week since then though.

I didnā€™t really work for the past 3 years. Did some studying and worked on my mental health and did some vacationing while I lived off some savings.
School didnt work out the way I hoped so its been back to work.
And if I work for 4months full-time then that will be the longest streak of full-time work Iā€™ve done since I was 23. Had a part time business for like 8 years

3 Likes

do you have some disability paying now then? How do you pay for stuff otherwise? I hope you doing ok without the job.

Last time I worked full-time was in 2012. Last time I tried working part-time was last year. I lasted 3 weeks.

In February I quit my job. Nothing I did wrongā€¦on the job. They loved me. I wasnā€™t ready for work though. I Was a janitor. I think Iā€™m ready now. Hopefully I get a job through AA although Iā€™m not banking on it. Iā€™ve heard of people getting jobs through AA.

I worked as a computer programmer and web designer until September 28th, 2001. Thatā€™s when I broke my neck and all went to hell in a handbasket

2 Likes

Today. It was hell. I am not sure if I can keep up with this. At the very least I need some R&R

No, my family is helping me out right now.

1 Like

About 7 years. Before Sz diagnosis.

Itā€™s been many years since I last worked.
The stress was making me crazy.

2 minutes ago I just got done doing the dishes

1 Like

Paid work was about 28 years ago, where ive worked for the local council in the mainframe room, and as a care assistant doing 60 hours a week. I loved the night shifts cos in summer, before i got paranoid, i would sleep on the beach all day.

Currently a ā€œtea ladyā€ off an on at an elderly day centre round the corner as a volunteer.

I still hold a part time job. Iā€™ve called out twice in three weeks already due to schizophrenia related issues. Had to go home early once. I am a delivery driver. And sometimes driving makes me paranoid if I donā€™t get a break. Iā€™m applying to a new job as a data entry person. Sounds easy and pays well. Fingers crossed I get it. It feels good contributing to the world. I donā€™t want to lose my social security though.

i havent been employed for 8 years. but mom and dad work me nearly everyday, mowing the yard, cleaning the gutters, moving furniture, putting in the dock, putting in insulation or whatever carpentry crap needed to get done while they were fixing up their upstairs. putting in can lights, etc.

today mom sent me to clean an outdoor rug and bring it back to her.

i hope to be employed again soon, 16 hours a week, then they will have to find another errand boy haha.